Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI Soyuz Booster failure, crew survives emergency landing.

NASA on Twitter

View attachment 342734

Very relieved that the astronauts made it.

I think this puts SpaceX's man-rating of their Dragon vehicle (along with Boeing and theirs) in an important perspective, that there is also a risk in being too cautious.

Looking forward with quite some excitement to seeing US astronauts traveling with SpaceX. :)

Tesla do not have to advertise yet, and have no competitors, but can you imagine how brutal they could be about diesel gate if they wanted to knock VW in ads?

Has anyone else noticed that in VW's "Electrify America" George Jetson commercial the ONLY EV not represented driving away at the end is a TESLA? :rolleyes: The most popular EV being sold in the US is deliberately left out of the picture. Tell me that wasn't a poke at Tesla by VW.

Hey Joe. while enjoying a fabulous drive along the coast yesterday, I flashed back to the Kancamagus Highway and thought how beautiful it would be this time of year and especially in a Tesla! And the Auto Road had slipped my mind. Love the Mt Washington Valley!
Apologies for the off topic now that the market is opened all.

We saw that the weather was not going be great today, and headed home a day early. Did not get to run the Kancamagus yesterday, but there's always next year! We made the run last year, and even though last year wasn't great, it was still beautiful!

Have to pull the video off the camera of Mt. Washington, but with it being socked in, not sure what I captured. For some strange reason, I had my eyes on the road and watching where I was about to track the edge. Kind of a big drop-off it seems. Wife had her eyes closed she said once we cleared the tree line. :eek:

Its likely that Jame's folks are planting stories to promote his candidacy. Clearly he is vying for that position.

I really hope the chairman
- Has vision & mission that aligns with Tesla's providing solutions for Climate Change mission.
- Has experience as either CEO or Chairman of a well known Fortune 500 tech or auto company.
- Has a relatively clean record.

James Murdoch is dubious on all these counts.

Purely in terms of SP, naming someone with a lot of market cred will help SP, atleast in the short term.

Clearly he is vying for the position? Um...there’s no proof of that.

This is how it all went down:

SEC settlement agreement
TMC goes nuts with speculation
Media reports someone familiar with board members’ thoughts
TMC goes nuttier with speculation
Media reports Murdoch leader in the running

At no time has there been any formal statement from a Tesla board member or Murdoch himself. Lots of rumors, murmuring, speculation, opinions but not one factual statement.

Until now by Elon: untrue

Am I the only one who is having a hard time feeling sorry for people who bought Tesla stock for the first time after the taking private tweet? They did not invest because they believe in Tesla, otherwise they would already be invested. They invested because an easy profit looked assured. They blame Elon, but wasn’t greed the biggest factor?

Well I for one am an exception to what you wrote and I take offense to it. And no, I am not looking for anybody to feel sorry for me, I simply did (do) not know what I am doing. You are tarring everybody with your brush!

The first time I bought ANY stock was after The Tweet. (Imagine, THIS is the first stock I have owned, and bought at THAT time???) Why?
I am one of the biggest Elon fans, really believe in Tesla, still have my first Roadster and a few S's now.

I never invested in the stock market before because I don't have control over the company. I am a control freak and up to now have only invested in my own businesses.
Not having any investing experience, never hanging out with those who do, and reading many "Not an Advice" postings here, I ignorantly went in. At the wrong time. The only thing I knew was "use cash", "buy low sell high" and "options puts calls roses buckets plants etcs" are all Greek to me. Oh well, chalk that up to more education.

The solution? Buy more at these lows! What an opportunity, thanks to macros!

It's only a loss if I sell, and I did not buy with intent to sell. I bought this stock for my children and grandchildren.

They always have to add a negative comment or two to an article with otherwise good news. Do they do that often with other auto manufacturers?
Apparently it is required. But given the context (advertising stunt) I think it was warranted. Notice that one of the comments was a remark on how many dislikes it got. And the "union busting" and "dangerous flamethrower" lies were in the comment, but not repeated or amplified in the article.

I thought it was pretty good

(which, if you see my past notes about news coverage, is much more positive than usual)

Clearly he is vying for the position? Um...there’s no proof of that.

This is how it all went down:

SEC settlement agreement
TMC goes nuts with speculation
Media reports someone familiar with board members’ thoughts
TMC goes nuttier with speculation
Media reports Murdoch leader in the running

At no time has there been any formal statement from a Tesla board member or Murdoch himself. Lots of rumors, murmuring, speculation, opinions but not one factual statement.

Until now by Elon: untrue

There was a quote from Murdoch in one of the articles that clearly showed he was positioning himself. Sorry, I didn't keep a record so no citation :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.