Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, this report is invaluable:

https://citronresearch.com/wp-conte...opinion-on-Tesla-too-compelling-to-ignore.pdf

Nothing new for us, but the important thing: A bear that other bears will listen for 5 minutes is raising, one by one, the most relevant points that have been ignored by the bears for years now...

Some pearls:

"We’re seeing that demand is new this year and pulling directly from TSLA's competitors"

"Like a magic trick, while everyone is focused on Elon smoking weed, he is quietly smoking the whole automotive industry."

"There is NO Tesla killer. Competition is nowhere to be found and no electric vehicle is slated to launch at the Model 3 price point until 2021"
Looks like Captain Obvious now writes reports too!
What took them that long to notice it? The fear of the call coming? The Q3 report has been released long ago.

Reading the Citron report, I couldn't help but notice that they basically reproduced
this post by @ZachShahan from CleanTechnica, a fellow TMC member and one the most vocal "spokeperson" of this community¹.
This means... they watch us, and slowly responsible/rational shorts will understand.
Very proud of this community.

¹ of course, kudos to him personally too ;-)

I’m not happy about this reversal. It smells like a major set up. Nobody/no company changes 180 degrees like this unless Elon Musk/Tesla.

No sirree, I am not convinced by this report.

I’m not happy about this reversal. It smells like a major set up. Nobody/no company changes 180 degrees like this unless Elon Musk/Tesla.

No sirree, I am not convinced by this report.
Not all shorts are dumb, they are most probably doing it for the money, they won money by riding Tsla down and will make more by riding it up now.
My impression is that they will ride whatever makes them money in the future, getting back to short Tsla if the FUD intensifies or staying long if things look great or FOMO prevails.

Shorts beware, you’ve been dupped by your own kind:

Tesla shares rocket 5% as short seller Citron reverses position

If there were ever evidence for market manipulation, this is it.

If Tesla closes green today, I think buyers will price Tesla favorably if we’re higly cash flow positive, and very favorably if we’re profitable.

Not all shorts are dumb, they are most probably doing it for the money, they won money by riding Tsla down and will make more by riding it up now.
My impression is that they will ride whatever makes them money in the future, getting back to short Tsla if the FUD intensifies or staying long if things look great or FOMO prevails.

Exactly. Left / Citron are opportunists. They shorted then helped drag the price down with FUD. Then with the price down, they covered and went long, and released a report that basically says "Everything I previously said was BS" to help drive the price back up. Sheer opportunism.

BTW., am I the only one who finds that kind of analyst behavior abhorrent: it's unlikely that they came out with that conclusion just now...

The much more probable explanation is that they knew it shortly after the Q3 delivery report, but were sitting on their report, to release it as close to the earnings release as possible - to maximize buying opportunities and to allow their own firm to reverse or go neutral position, should they be short. The report was now forced out by Tesla's surprise 48-hours release of earnings.

Pretty solid data point against the notion that Wall Street analysts are 'independent' of the prop trading arms of their respective institutions...
I think they may also be trying to water down any surprise. Now if TSLA has a major beat it will be, “See we already expected that.”

Funny how, in one day, people went from lamenting that nothing will change the shorts’ minds to anger that a short changed his mind. How dare he finally understand and accept the bull thesis that the longs on twitter have been yelling at him all this time.

I’d rather see him squeezed, too, but if he’s smart enough to come along for the ride, more power to him.

LOL ok the CNBC piece says Left quoted @ZachShahan charts on how Tesla is destroying the competition.

I believe we now have footage of Left reading Zach's article:
tenor.gif

TPhh.gif

Was very much taken by surprise by the announcement of a conference call tomorrow! Had allocations planned for later this week to pick up another 40 shares...may now wait to see if there's a post ER pullback before diving in. Was able to pick up another 16 shares early this morning, however. Very interested to see how the market reacts to the call and what information will be shared.

On a silly anecdotal note, took a trip down to Half Moon Bay from the Sacramento area over the weekend and counted a total of 149 Teslas. 74 Saturday / 75 Sunday. Definitely the most I've ever seen on any given day.

Status
Not open for further replies.