Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Welcome to the discussion of Tesla's activity in the marketplace. Doors open 1 January; until then confine all market discussion to the old thread (spoiler: markets are closed for the rest of the year).

Update: its thread-name now begins with "Market Action", which should lessen the frustration many had over the past year in posting to the wrong thread.

Last edited:
round-table.jpeg

So we do expect good delivery numbers. Question is: will it excite the market? Or will the market go "meehh"?
Depends on how good.

Total 100,000 for 2017 is expected. M3 over 2,500 would be considered good. Any info on the production ramp would be good. Any information on the reservation numbers (semi and roadster) would be good. But these are not to be expected until February, so January might be a difficult month for TSLA.

Anything less or no information would be bad.

Depends on how good.

Total 100,000 for 2017 is expected. M3 over 2,500 would be considered good. Any info on the production ramp would be good. Any information on the reservation numbers (semi and roadster) would be good. But these are not to be expected until February, so January might be a difficult month for TSLA.

2500 M3 deliveries or production? It makes all the difference in the world. 2500 deliveries would be very good, but 2500 production would be disappointing in my book. Also I personally care a lot more about M3 production # than deliveries.

Depends on how good.

They already said in the Q3 ER, that they will provide an update on M3 ramp in the delivery/production report due in the next 3 days.

I see two votes for meehh. I'm expecting not-meehh. We'll see who the market choose to surprise between us.

I think the market would excuse low M3 production and deliveries if the production run-rate for the last two weeks >1000 M3's/week. Combined that with record S&X, semi+roadster reservation numbers and Tesla Energy project descriptions, SP should go up...

However, the drop in SP over the last one week bothers me and I hope its not due to sell off from some big investors with advanced information...

Status
Not open for further replies.