Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA % of Your Portfolio

What percentage of your total portfolio is invested in TSLA?

• 0%

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • 1% to 5%

Votes: 24 11.9%
  • 6% to 10%

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • 11% to 20%

Votes: 18 9.0%
  • 21% to 30%

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • 31% to 40%

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • 41% to 50%

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • 51% to 60%

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • 61% to 70%

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • 71% to 80%

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • 81% to 90%

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • 91% to 95%

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • 96% to 100%

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • 100%+ (leveraged)

Votes: 14 7.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was 100 percent TSLA as I invested about 5 grand into options in tesla right before the stock exploded. Well not right before but close enough. I sold most of my options way to early and when it was insanely volatile I bought my "core" shares. It was about 560 shares. At SCTY started its giant fall I started buying it up. I was reading charts all wrong. "Look it broke through the 50 day average ... it has never stayed down below that for more than x amount of days. These options will be perfect". A few bad descisions and the price of oil collapsing and me being overextended on margin caused all of my "core" shares to be called away.

I am currently 100 percent invested in SCTY but plan on buying 6 long term options when I can to buy back my "core shares". Good luck all.

Some very smart people from this forum (while I lost some $ it was a small amount...and I am not smart:wink:) were heavily into GTAT. One of our best previous TMC analyst was one of them.
While TM/TSLA has increased my paper wealth substantially I would never go 'all in'......a black swan event can hit any company.

This reminds me of an old joke - what is the difference between smart people and wise people?

Smart people can always find their way out of difficult situations.

Wise people do not get into difficult situations.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Frankly, I originally only put my "mad money" into Tesla. I put in a miniscule amount, far less than I should have. In retrospect I should have put in 5%, but I actually put in something less than 1%. It's up to over 5% now, of course, thanks to the stock appreciating by a factor of 7.6.