Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA stock shootup potential

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I could not find anything similar and so created new thread.

I was checking out DaveLee-EmmetPeppers video and he mentioned that HFT is 80-90% of float and rest is real shares. I remembered I had this unusual trading activity. I have never seen any highly liquid stock selling more than the limit price.
TslaLimitSellUnusualActivity.png

There is one more similar limit sell.
TslaLimitSellUnusualActivity1.png

1. Is this normal or happening due to much less actual shares in the market?

2. He mentions HFT is 80-90% of of daily volume and then there are day traders as well. The remaining volume is actual shares.
So, if I assume HFT is 50% of daily volume that reduces 50 mil DV to 25 mil. Remove about 10% for day trading volume. That reduces it even 22 million. Assuming the current rise of 2-3% daily is due to Institutions, and they are careful of not impacting the price rise, this could mean they have bought 8-10% already(1-2% of volume per day since Nov 16). That reduces the share count to 20 million.
If this rate continues till 7th Dec when the first of two tranche buy starts there will be another 5-10% less shares = 18mil actual shares.

S&P needs ~ 120 million shares, but even if they buy up all the available shares that will take 7 trading days but prices will skyrocket, definitely more than the lame 2-3% per day. They knew there is some issue and so they asked us about the tranches to wash their hands. So, they definitely know that there will be mad rush.

Also, the frontrunners/institutions will keep some and trickle sell about 80% shares in those two tranche weeks, probably more the the second week.

Is there any way to get a gut feeling of how the prices will behave from these? How fast and how much apart from the shorts covering at the top.

• Informative
Reactions: Paracelsus