Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 02/06/2021. Tesla is consolidating and found near term support around $850. If that level of support can hold the next resistance level will come at around $900. However, if it breaks below support at $850, the next potential support lies at around $815. If it breaks even lower, the next support comes around $790.

Tesla news this week includes:
  • Piper Sandler: Tesla is worth more than a trillion dollars

• Informative
Reactions: Sudre
The other thread is just to crowded with random topics to post in but what I have to say is kind of Technicals on the options side.
Looking at the large amount of options for NEXT Friday there is no help from anyone next week. This week THEY really want it above $800 because it will hurt a bit. Next week Calls and Puts are even, down to $740. If this down Macro continues we can at least fall that far as far as THEY are concerned.... but even then there is not much support at that level either.

On the other side of that equation. If things return to happy days? Well.... THEY don't have any worries no matter how high it goes. Nothing even in sight until 860 and THEY can easily make that work. Volume should be high enough next week that the large number or $900 strike Calls can be bought back and rolled plus sell Put sell under them if needed.

That doesn't mean any of that happens.... That's not how technicals work. I am just saying we do not get help from anyone next week because of options.

no support.png

Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 02/13/2021. Tesla retests bottom of consolidation zone at $785, then bounces back. If support at $802 doesn’t hold next week we could see Tesla retest $790 and if that level doesn’t hold it’ll retest the 50DMA at $752. However, if support at $802 holds, Tesla could bounce back to retest resistance at around $845. It’s important to note that the MACD and RSI indicators are leaning bearish.

• Tesla buys $1.5 billion in bitcoin, plans to accept it as payment

Hey all. Last week a number of people on this board and on Twitter were saying that if TSLA drops it could drop to the ~780s. Where does this number come from? I use many of the standard indicators but nothing shows ~780 which is in fact where the support was found. Thank you in advance!

Hey all. Last week a number of people on this board and on Twitter were saying that if TSLA drops it could drop to the ~780s. Where does this number come from? I use many of the standard indicators but nothing shows ~780 which is in fact where the support was found. Thank you in advance!
$780.10 was the low on 1/29. Perhaps a simple horizontal line?

• Love
Reactions: phantasms
If that pans out and we get back to the low 600s, I'm backing the truck up. I'll liquidate as much as I can in other positions to buy more TSLA.

Sorry...multiple TLs on that chart. I was referring to the one that goes all the way back to the COVID low. If the touch from today is confirmation of that trend line (you want at least three points to form a TL) then we’re looking at a reversal from the past week into upward price movement.

This TL, if it holds, is essentially adding to the strength of the support provided by the 50MA today, enhancing the odds of short term upward price movement. (I'm a big proponent of layering technical indicators)

Sorry...multiple TLs on that chart. I was referring to the one that goes all the way back to the COVID low. If the touch from today is confirmation of that trend line (you want at least three points to form a TL) then we’re looking at a reversal from the past week into upward price movement.

This TL, if it holds, is essentially adding to the strength of the support provided by the 50MA today, enhancing the odds of short term upward price movement. (I'm a big proponent of layering technical indicators)

:(

• Funny
Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 02/20/2021. Tesla falls and finds support at the 50DMA and bottom of the consolidation zone at $780. If it can hold above this level, we can see it try to recapture resistance at $835. If it can breakout above that level, it is possible it will head to all time highs at around $950. However, if the critical level of support at $780 fails, then Tesla could drop to next level of support at $712. If it continues to drop further based on negative sentiment or overall market crash, we could see it test support at $630.

- Tesla to set up electric car manufacturing unit in Southern India
- Tesla to gain access to 400k more $7k EV tax credits amid Biden’s sustainability push
- Elon and Kanye West to be featured on Clubhouse
- Elon Musk believes Bill Gates had a big short position on Tesla and lost a lot of money
- Cathie Wood says her confidence is growing in Tesla, Ark Invest has been adding to position