Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10-19-2017
DMglfQ5WsAA5Jf2.jpg-large.jpeg

My original comment had nothing to do with technicals either.
Fact is. If SPY gaps up tmrw. The sentiment shorts from this will morning will cover and help squeeze up.

Sorry, not trying to be snippy (guess it came off that way). You posted in the TA thread so I mistakenly assumed you thought it may be a technical move.

Reactions: geneclean55
No worries.
I thought some people were retreating to here after the revolt on the market action thread :)

Obviously my recollections are spotty.

But IIRC, the last time there was such a level of Bull v. Bull turmoil (in what was then the “Short term thread”) it was around the market low of 145s in Feb ‘16. Similar basis of TA vs. Fundamentals and everyone talking past each other—this was the key, everyone talking past each other and getting pissed off at each other.

Does that imply that 350 is the new 145? (I wish...;))

Would you mind sharing your technical analysis experience? Have you worked at a professional firm in this capacity?

Also - thoughts on June through October triangle?

Yeah I have seen people noting there is also a longer term ascending triangle June to Oct.

Just an enthusiast with eyes that work.

A triangle isn't magic, astrology. It means that the lows are getting higher. Traders are afraid of missing out on...something. The top sells off because there is a pattern of that being the top... so you sell. Either it breaks below, and suddenly thee is no FOMO and you have additional people bail and it breaks down, or it breaks up and people on the sideline who have been conditioned to buy above 360 in a break out pile on.

It's psychology in chart form. And the markets are about psychology in the short term, fundamentals in the long term.

Yeah I have seen people noting there is also a longer term ascending triangle June to Oct.

Just an enthusiast with eyes that work.

A triangle isn't magic, astrology. It means that the lows are getting higher. Traders are afraid of missing out on...something. The top sells off because there is a pattern of that being the top... so you sell. Either it breaks below, and suddenly thee is no FOMO and you have additional people bail and it breaks down, or it breaks up and people on the sideline who have been conditioned to buy above 360 in a break out pile on.

It's psychology in chart form. And the markets are about psychology in the short term, fundamentals in the long term.
Great explanation!

Well, heh, this sort of trading is what I was originally (last year) expecting this month... but I was originally expecting it down at the $240-$250 level. Everyone hold on tight -- it gets interesting near the end of the year, when Model 3 starts being distributed in quantity...

as a long term investor only (common and DITM LEAPS), I don't indulge in TA much. But I will use 1 year trend and support against impending events to determine best time for adding or leveraging more. Here's current for 1 year:
Orange is Simple Moving Average (SMA)
Red is closing snap line trend (why I recently have been converting common to DITM LEAPS in the 330-350 range)
Bottom Green is cumulative Money Flow (MF)
[and Note Earnings Reports]
for what it's worth
screenshot67.jpg

as a long term investor only (common and DITM LEAPS), I don't indulge in TA much. But I will use 1 year trend and support against impending events to determine best time for adding or leveraging more. Here's current for 1 year:
Orange is Simple Moving Average (SMA)
Red is closing snap line trend (why I recently have been converting common to DITM LEAPS in the 330-350 range)
Bottom Green is cumulative Money Flow (MF)
[and Note Earnings Reports]
for what it's worth
View attachment 255656
No offense but drawing a one year trend that does nothing with anything happened in the past 9 months does not make sense.