TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TSLA Technical Analysis

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Robert.Boston, Dec 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. winfield100

winfield100 Active Member

bon vivant traveler, northern hemisphere mostly
    Thesis for Tuesday. 9/18/2018 quick and dirty
    minute by minute of Vol and price.
    1) if next minute price lower, subtract vol, if next minute higher add vol
    2) 11:43 am anomaly of 853,709 sold
    as of 4pm, (385 data points) shorts still have ~300,000 left to cover
    https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/interactive-chart?timeframe=5d
    upload_2018-9-19_13-59-29.png of

upload_2018-9-19_13-57-55.png

• Informative x 2
  2. jeewee3000

jeewee3000 Member

Option_Sniper on Twitter
    Option Sniper says:

$TSLA huge drop on SEC news. See if it can get back 294 tmr, if can, no worries. If can’t, monthly chart gonna be very ugly

• Informative x 1
  3. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

$294?? That seems very very unlikely.

4. avoigt

avoigt Active Member

I disagree with Snypers view that the monthly chard will look very ugly if we are below $ 294. First of all we are already below, secondly there is a support at about $250 that has been tested 3 times successfully since we entered the channel and third there is the 200 MA as well as lower Bollinger Band support and a long term trend support as well. The 200 MA is since 10 years (!) a solid support and never has been crossed for a longer period. In fact it has been a strong buy signal indicator in the past if we touched it.

Fundamentally the stock has never been better positioned than today combine that with the monthly chard and make your bet.

For me its more likely that we stay in the range 250 - 290 for a while until the market does realize that they again overreacted and that the stock is damm cheap given the fundamentals. In that respect it will be interesting to watch how the Q3 numbers influence. Actually I don't have a clue what will happen Tuesday so that will be interesting to watch. We have a weekend for everybody to digest what happened yesterday and next Monday the world may look already different.

If we go under $ 250 and stay there that would be rather concerning in the chard but again the fundamentals tell us that this stock is undervalued by a larger margin therefore short term news buzz including law suits won't keep investors who do the math from buying.

In a worst case scenario that I don't see coming and Elon has to leave forever I would need to reconsider my strategy.

Tesla M-5.png

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  5. nursebee

nursebee Member

This stock is a volatile dog, trading below long term averages, failing to stay above them for more than a few days.

6. nursebee

nursebee Member

Place your bets, I think it is time to break this price area. 259.17 now tsla.PNG

• Like x 1
  7. nursebee

nursebee Member

Tough to trust an upside breakout in this market...

8. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

Technical analyst Tim Ord was my regular guest on our TV show. This is what he wrote after today's market close regarding the S&P 500 ETF (SPX).

For Long term monitoring purposes: Long SPX on 10-19-18 at 2767.78.

The 10 day Total Put/Call ratio reached long term bullish levels where SPX gained near 5% and higher. Short term SPX still can test it lows near 2710 range and if that does turn out to be the case we will add our regular long SPX position. The trin closed yesterday at 1.30 and the tick closed today at -259 which is a bullish combination that have lead to short term lows within three days which would suggests a low by next Wednesday.

All the best,
    Tim Ord

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 1
  9. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

#1309 Curt Renz, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    On Friday as seen above, Ord went long for the long term SPX. Today after the close he also went long for the short term SPX.

For monitoring purposes: Long SPX on 10/22/18 at 2755.88.

Light volume test of gap and Bullish TRIN and Tick readings along with bullish Put/Call ratios.

All the Best,
    Tim Ord

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. nursebee

nursebee Member

I follow moving averages as an indication of what the overall longer term picture is. I view a downtrend since spring, would be nice to see this move up (200DMA).

• Like x 1
  11. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

What traders are noting today:

@JustinPulitzer
    $TSLA Good catch… VERY possible. Needs to lose $326.5 Y stay below $337.9 to confirm that. I’m not surprised to see responsive sellers at the gap fill & 61.8% Fib confluence here. http://tos.mx/lzevk6

Be XSive @BeXSive
    @JustinPulitzer that a secure high in $TSLA today?

12. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

Is he saying TSLA won't go above $337.9 ? ;)

13. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

I think secure high means it's not a poor high. Here's the context of a poor high, though it doesn't specifically mention secure high:

Poor High and Poor Low Market Profile Structure Explained

Essentially, a secure level does not need to be revisited for completion before a new short term trend begins, in this case lower. The new trend will be confirmed if TSLA stays below $337.9 and gets below $326.5. This is all in the short term context of stocks moving from level to level, sometimes up and sometimes down. Assuming this pans out, you would look to the likely lower level where the stock may bounce but not assume it will.

14. jeewee3000

jeewee3000 Member

Option Sniper's latest on TSLA:
    Option_Sniper on Twitter

$nvda at 210 pre-market already! What a run!! $nflx next in line possibly into 310-320 territory first then run into next week. $tsla need to take over 348 first - once it does, it’s gone! 371 gap fill then ATH.

• Informative x 1
  15. avoigt

avoigt Active Member

October: another great buy opportunity.

Tesla M-5.png

16. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. Pezpunk

Pezpunk Member

every scientific study of technical analysis that i'm aware of has concluded the obvious -- that it holds zero predictive power. i liken it to astrology. a person can use any arbitrary set of rules and vocabulary to tease out how they really feel about something, but any conclusions drawn are the product the analyst's own subjective opinions and biases, whether they're couched in terms related to pseudo-scientific jargon or mystic astral forces.

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

#1318 Curt Renz, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Technical analysis can detect from price, volume, etc. that moneyed market participants may know something which has not yet been made publicly available. It's also a test of traders' emotions and intuitions, which cannot be found in fundamentals. Due to this, many algobots are programmed to know technical analysis. More than ever, they can make technical analysis a self-fulfilling prophesy. Yes, some technicians may unconsciously skew their analyses due to biases. Nevertheless, it may be wise not to completely ignore technical analysis.

• Like x 5
  19. winfield100

winfield100 Active Member

bon vivant traveler, northern hemisphere mostly
    @Curt Renz
    I personally like the Accumulation/Distribution line as a TA indicator that perhaps you could comment upon.
    It uses high low open close and volume to “attempt” to determine general tendency it seems, tho I may not be being precise.
    Over the last few months or more it seems like about ~200,000,000 shares have been purchased at infinitesimally higher prices than sold at lower, even if MA are vaguely downwards, like someone’s (plural) are acquiring shares or perhaps lowering cost basis
    Am I incorrect? I’m not saying it’s predictive, but that it seems to point higher in the indefinite but near future

• Helpful x 1
  20. skybluecgreen

skybluecgreen Member

• Informative x 1