Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember the 10% rule will limit the shorts ability to drive the price down further. For comparison, take a look at the hourly trading chart of the big drop after the Q4 2018 deliveries report Jan2. The initial 12% drop triggered the rule limiting shorts. The stock traded up from there, closing well above the early low. The next day, with the rule still in effect, the low for the day was just slightly lower than on Jan 2 and it traded up from there. This time it may be different but the 10% rule will definitely mitigate the damage. That delivery report was certainly much better than this one. The market reacted negatively to Tesla announcing price cuts. At that time, it was not the right move to sell on the big dump the first day assuming the price was going down a lot further. You didn't need to buy that first day but you wouldn't have wanted to sell, except maybe very short term on the bounce that first day.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 8.03.45 AM.png

Take a look at the hourly charts for the 10%+ gap downs in early January and mid January compared with today's. The uptick rule was triggered on these days too. Clearly there were very big sellers unloading in mid January when the uptick rule did not prevent the stock from continuing down substantially for several more days. Look at the red candle volume on the gap down day. Huge volume persisted through much of the day on Jan 18, all red. Now look at the price action and candle volume on the gap down in early January. It's very similar to today's action. Only 1 really high volume red candle to open the day then mostly green candles. I think this suggests that price action Friday and Monday may be more similar to the gap down in early January than the one in mid January. They look like completely different animals on the chart. I am looking to buy this dip and will likely do so tomorrow and Monday.

Mid January Gap Down
Mid Jan.png

Early Jan Gap Down
Early Jan.png

Today

April .png

275 just about! I think we got some good TA minds here. Let's keep it up.

I added on this dip at 267, but would like to add a little more but being cautious. Unsure whether we've seen the full ramifications from the delivery report. Also a very tiny gap fill still at 260 (few cents). May not fill. Really good daily candles with high volume and close near the top. Suggest further continuation, with maybe minor dips.

• Love
Reactions: saniflash
Beside been
Isn't the timing of this video amazingly coincidental with the autonomy event scheduled for this afternoon? Come on...more BS and desperation by the folks needing Tesla to go down. Can't let any good news go unFUDed. (Yes, I just made up that word.)

Dan
I have a bit of free time today so I will try to juxtapose events on a charts. Tesla fire today, Nikei reporting Panasonic stops investing (please add more so I can add them).

My theory is that since we are in a technical falling wedge pattern (pointed by Option Sniper), I get the feeling that every time we get close to the upper limit of this pattern (or slightly above) we get hammered by a pseudo event to drive the stock down.

Beside been

I have a bit of free time today so I will try to juxtapose events on a charts. Tesla fire today, Nikei reporting Panasonic stops investing (please add more so I can add them).

My theory is that since we are in a technical falling wedge pattern (pointed by Option Sniper), I get the feeling that every time we get close to the upper limit of this pattern (or slightly above) we get hammered by a pseudo event to drive the stock down.

Well.. sometimes impressions are just impressions...
tsla daily chart 2019-04-22.PNG

Falling wedge is converging on ER. There is a new mini wedge forming where the lower bound is a flat ~260.

If ER really dissapoint. 3 more months of pain to q2 and we continue down previous larger downward wedge with the lower bound at $220.

Generally speaking Elon has lost so much credibility that future outlook of positive income needs actuak ER release to be believed while any negative income statement is immediately reflected in stock price and act as a ceiling to surpress price.

Falling wedge is converging on ER. There is a new mini wedge forming where the lower bound is a flat ~260.

If ER really dissapoint. 3 more months of pain to q2 and we continue down previous larger downward wedge with the lower bound at $220.

Generally speaking Elon has lost so much credibility that future outlook of positive income needs actuak ER release to be believed while any negative income statement is immediately reflected in stock price and act as a ceiling to surpress price.

You have to give Elon tremendous credit given that he has kept "brand enthusiasm" so very high via a constant supply of new sizzle, but after 5 years of sizzle, what the analysts are saying is that they want to see the steak. You can't be a brand new company forever.

I owned a P90D and I've bought & sold their stock. I think Elon is a genius, but the company is facing some pretty stiff headwinds.