TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TSLA Technical Analysis

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Robert.Boston, Dec 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Leo9

Leo9 Member

Monday could very well be green as the stock is overextended to the donwside and hitting oversold levels, but the weekly chart does not look like a bottom at all. A huge red candle with almost not bottom stick.

• Funny x 1
  2. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

There are usually a couple more days of selling after such a big down move like Friday's.

• Informative x 1
  3. K_Dizzle

K_Dizzle Member

We’ve had a few of 5%+ days over the last 45 days. Friday felt like capitulation, I got some short term calls, hoping for a pop from here.

• Like x 1
  4. sunny-value

sunny-value Member

Hopium is a rare element these days. Gloomium is booming right about now.

5. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

They're growing like flies. If I remember correctly, that's the best contrarian indicator of all technical signals.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

It was and yet we are at minus 4% before open.

Another big holder is exiting this elonshitshow...

• Funny x 1
  7. anthonyj

anthonyj Stonks

That’s what is most concerning. There is zero signs support. Bounces last an hour max and get sold off

8. Leo9

Leo9 Member

The stock will find its bottom, it's just a matter of time really.
    This is the market... Apple dropped 40% in 3 months, NVDA tanked 60% in 3 months. Micron lost 55% in 6 months. It happens during strong, fear driven downtrend.
    TSLA is down 45%. It will bounce hard.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. TheMrX

TheMrX Member

Cross posted into TSLA investment thread.

We just got into oversold territory on hourly last Friday.

We might remain oversold for a week or 2 until the SP drop more and gets us in oversold on daily, maybe even weekly (I have 180 ish in mind to do so, but that is just over my head).

Last time we went into oversold on daily was Feb 2016.

We never got into oversold on weekly.... (bellow 20 RSI)

So this might look technical but overbought/oversold is more fundamental to me than technical because that is the essence of the market : share price reflect demand and offer...

Q2 forecast form TSLA management is not shinny, and other companies are shooting for all time high (or really close). So it is just rational movement that big pockets don't buy TSLA... yet.

We need update at annual shareholder assembly that would provide some light at the end of the tunnel and/or good number for Q2 to reverse at this point. Other than that, your guess are as good as mine, often I tried to rationale TSLA share price movement and got surprised by announcement that I would have never thought of.

I kept some dry powder since we broke 240 ish just in case we were to get to 180. Honestly I thought I was stupid to so.

• Informative x 3
  10. sunny-value

sunny-value Member

Well there's a difference between AAPL and MU corrections and this one. Neither of those had a CEO say they had 10 months of cash to go unless things turned around when they fell. So 40-50% drops followed by hard bounces might not happen here. Have to be prepared for 80% drop before big bounce. A lot of the bounce here is gonna come from shorts covering, not bulls buying. The bulls are running out of money.

• Disagree x 3
    • Funny x 1
  11. TheMrX

TheMrX Member

hummm ok? I don't remember where I spoke about AAPL or MU.. For short to cover there is a need for an event of some sort, just as bull buy. I think retail are out of money, lots of institutional are on the sideline IMHO.

• Like x 1
  12. sunny-value

sunny-value Member

The "event" is wanting to take profits and money off the table from their winnings.

13. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

Actually Robintrack shows aggressive buying on this further dip.

• Informative x 2
  14. Cherry Wine

Cherry Wine Active Member

Serious question: I enjoy looking at Robintrack too, but are retail holdings really the star to which we want to hitch our wagon?

15. Leo9

Leo9 Member

Textbook breakout from intraday ascending triangle.
    TA sometimes is so easy.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

If you look at the money flow index on the daily chart, it is showing that overall money is flowing in rather than out ever since TSLA came down to $230.x. I think Robintrack is another signal in support of this. I think that, like many of TSLA's larger dips, as we get nearer to the bottom, the dip essentially becomes fake, literally unsupported by the money flow. Maybe it's different this time but I doubt it.

• Helpful x 2
    • Informative x 2
  17. Leo9

Leo9 Member

Yeah... I think we want big institutions to buy. Not the robinhood guys.

18. Sudre

Sudre Member

Is it technicals if you expect the stock to go up because of all the new people that suddenly arrive with the reports of doom and gloom?

19. peopleofcolor

peopleofcolor Banned

For my first ignorant post, may I ask why many people are suggesting 180 as support level?

20. peopleofcolor

peopleofcolor Banned

guess my question was too ignorant, sorry.