Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is everyone convinced we’re going lower? The letter was hyped by the media but it’s fake news. Without any catalyst Monday could be green simply because people had time to digest what was said.
Monday could very well be green as the stock is overextended to the donwside and hitting oversold levels, but the weekly chart does not look like a bottom at all. A huge red candle with almost not bottom stick.

• Funny
Reactions: WarpedOne
Cross posted into TSLA investment thread.

We just got into oversold territory on hourly last Friday.

We might remain oversold for a week or 2 until the SP drop more and gets us in oversold on daily, maybe even weekly (I have 180 ish in mind to do so, but that is just over my head).

Last time we went into oversold on daily was Feb 2016.

We never got into oversold on weekly.... (bellow 20 RSI)

So this might look technical but overbought/oversold is more fundamental to me than technical because that is the essence of the market : share price reflect demand and offer...

Q2 forecast form TSLA management is not shinny, and other companies are shooting for all time high (or really close). So it is just rational movement that big pockets don't buy TSLA... yet.

We need update at annual shareholder assembly that would provide some light at the end of the tunnel and/or good number for Q2 to reverse at this point. Other than that, your guess are as good as mine, often I tried to rationale TSLA share price movement and got surprised by announcement that I would have never thought of.

I kept some dry powder since we broke 240 ish just in case we were to get to 180. Honestly I thought I was stupid to so.

Well there's a difference between AAPL and MU corrections and this one. Neither of those had a CEO say they had 10 months of cash to go unless things turned around when they fell. So 40-50% drops followed by hard bounces might not happen here. Have to be prepared for 80% drop before big bounce. A lot of the bounce here is gonna come from shorts covering, not bulls buying. The bulls are running out of money.

Cross posted into TSLA investment thread.

We just got into oversold territory on hourly last Friday.

We might remain oversold for a week or 2 until the SP drop more and gets us in oversold on daily, maybe even weekly (I have 180 ish in mind to do so, but that is just over my head).

Last time we went into oversold on daily was Feb 2016.

We never got into oversold on weekly.... (bellow 20 RSI)

So this might look technical but overbought/oversold is more fundamental to me than technical because that is the essence of the market : share price reflect demand and offer...

Q2 forecast form TSLA management is not shinny, and other companies are shooting for all time high (or really close). So it is just rational movement that big pockets don't buy TSLA... yet.

We need update at annual shareholder assembly that would provide some light at the end of the tunnel and/or good number for Q2 to reverse at this point. Other than that, your guess are as good as mine, often I tried to rationale TSLA share price movement and got surprised by announcement that I would have never thought of.

I kept some dry powder since we broke 240 ish just in case we were to get to 180. Honestly I thought I was stupid to so.

Well there's a difference between AAPL and MU corrections and this one. Neither of those had a CEO say they had 10 months of cash to go unless things turned around when they fell. So 40-50% drops followed by hard bounces might not happen here. Have to be prepared for 80% drop before big bounce. A lot of the bounce here is gonna come from shorts covering, not bulls buying. The bulls are running out of money.
hummm ok? I don't remember where I spoke about AAPL or MU.. For short to cover there is a need for an event of some sort, just as bull buy. I think retail are out of money, lots of institutional are on the sideline IMHO.

Reactions: AndreN
Textbook breakout from intraday ascending triangle.
TA sometimes is so easy.

Attachments

• TSLA 15min.jpg
    TSLA 15min.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 71
Serious question: I enjoy looking at Robintrack too, but are retail holdings really the star to which we want to hitch our wagon?
If you look at the money flow index on the daily chart, it is showing that overall money is flowing in rather than out ever since TSLA came down to $230.x. I think Robintrack is another signal in support of this. I think that, like many of TSLA's larger dips, as we get nearer to the bottom, the dip essentially becomes fake, literally unsupported by the money flow. Maybe it's different this time but I doubt it.