Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Well what happened to that 180 wall of support then? Doesn't TA rely on people to believe in TA in order for it to work? I mean what good is resistance at 180 if no one has buy orders with a 180 limit?

Hi sunny-value,

180 is a general round number area for support/resistance, a more precise number is what user @dmunjal mentioned earlier which is according to "The Chart Guy": is 178.53. We have already visited this number yesterday, and went even slightly lower (a common method to shake weak hands). By the end of trading session, the share price closed just above 178.53 at exactly 178.97. So if profit taking is on the cards today, we should at least see a small rebound.

Use this information at your own risk! This is NOT a trading recommendation, it is just what I see on the charts, and I might be totally wrong!

• Helpful
Reactions: bdy0627
This is also a good time to remind some that TA is a tool for looking at probabilities. Just like Elon saying over and over again there is no demand problem. If what Elon says is true then the fundamentals should be excellent but yet the price is also dropping. All tools are on the table for those that know how to position themselves inside the probability risk. TA is one.

I don’t want to get on that debate.

If TA and fundamental in a company both suck I’ll not buy, heck probably sell all positions.
If TA is great but fundamentals aren’t looking good I’ll buy trading shares.
If TA looks bad but fundamentals are great I’ll add to a long position
If both are good I’ll buy trading shares and add to my long position.

If you are simply a long term investor then TA really has no use in your world.... IMO.

As expected, a rebound after touching the 180 support area:

upload_2019-6-4_16-5-30.png

Technical analyst Tim Ord was my regular guest on our TV show. This is what he wrote after yesterday's market close regarding his position initiations for the S&P 500 (SPX).

For monitoring purposes: Long Term long SPX on 6-26-19 at 2913.78.
This goes along with our intermediate term SPX long position yesterday.

All the Best,
Tim Ord
Ord Oracle - Home

Reactions: InTheShadows