Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am tired of so much focus on shorts and don’t give a dang about them. Sure it is an emotional time and thinking of them grabbing their ankles...even pappyfox focuses too much on them.

The real big picture story is more likely a paradigm shift. New and more longs are what will drive this higher.

Old school chart monkeys—- they sat around watching prey. As IBD forecast they bought the breakout. They added to their positions as it worked, pressing the accelerator. These people work with giant amounts of money.

As the trade worked, they analyzed. They broadcast the 8 week hold rule because real quick 20 percent movers often become monster stocks, life changers.

The Darvas boxers kept moving higher, adding.

Other without watching TA accepted the paradigm shift and bought in.

Reactions: M|S|W
Screen Shot 2020-01-17.png
He said is based on weekly chart. Of course, many here say it works until it doesn't etc.

And lately, Friday is a usually a push down by MMs and Monday it goes the other way...plus we're expecting the ER announcement anytime.

I prob wouldn't sell (calls) and not touching shares, but just curious what can be seen from this TSLA - Tesla Inc.

Agree with @Cherry Wine and @StealthP3D

I'm much more interested in what happens within the company than how the market reacts, especially short term, but if other people are acting based on the charts than I also think it's good to learn what I can about their methods.

Although I'm very much NOT an expert, perhaps he's concerned over an upper trend line on the weekly.

Some will look to that upper line as resistance.

The thing is, we broke it on increasing volume, and IMHO it's just as likely to become future support. (If your brain likes patterns, you can see a weak example of that in May-Nov '13.)

As it's been said many times here, TA works until it doesn't. I'm fairly certain that my chickenscratch is worthless, but I like to learn new things.

(not an advice - ha!)

Screen Shot 2020-01-17.png

perhaps he's concerned over an upper trend line on the weekly.

007 on Twitter

inverted hammer at the top of a 7 week run outside weekly bollinger- scared me

So I guess, on the weekly chart, this last week is what an inverted hammer looks like

upload_2020-1-17_21-55-47.png

He's got a lot more experience at this than I do, but I'm still ok with my position right now. Got a mix of stock, long calls, and dry powder I'm comfortable with. If we do dip more before earnings I might even move in a little more.

Reactions: Rb48888
007 on Twitter

inverted hammer at the top of a 7 week run outside weekly bollinger- scared me

So I guess, on the weekly chart, this last week is what an inverted hammer looks like

View attachment 501659

He's got a lot more experience at this than I do, but I'm still ok with my position right now. Got a mix of stock, long calls, and dry powder I'm comfortable with. If we do dip more before earnings I might even move in a little more.
I have nothing against the guy but he has been wrong at least as much as right so far. Kinda of like analysts. LOL

I have nothing against the guy but he has been wrong at least as much as right so far. Kinda of like analysts. LOL
I can tell you that he is almost always right. It is scary. He will be looking at charts and then say this is going down tomorrow and is right! I would not bet against him and our net worth has gone up 10 fold in the last year because of his accuracy. Analysts are losers and to compare him to one is insulting. The biggest mistake he makes is posting mild hypotheses on social media for people who don’t value good advice. Luckily our portfolios are managed by him and our accounts reflect that

I can tell you that he is almost always right. It is scary. He will be looking at charts and then say this is going down tomorrow and is right! I would not bet against him and our net worth has gone up 10 fold in the last year because of his accuracy. Analysts are losers and to compare him to one is insulting. The biggest mistake he makes is posting mild hypotheses on social media for people who don’t value good advice. Luckily our portfolios are managed by him and our accounts reflect that
Happy for you if true, but I have to back @Sudre on this one. I've read TT007's posts and chart readings since before you appeared on TMC and his predictions were rarely accurate.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

But again, I have nothing against TrendTrader and he seems well versed in trading, so his strategies could be profitable. I just haven't seen hard evidence of that on here, like Sudre pointed out.

No offence.

• Helpful
Reactions: AlMc and Sudre
Except this time and many other times before. I waited to comment because I get it is really hard to call something short term.