Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dow Jones got the Death Cross, meaning a bottom is approaching in a short time span:

A bearish ‘death cross’ has appeared in the Dow’s chart

Tesla is approaching fast the same point, where the 200 day average (red) crosses the 50 day avg. , so the bottom could be somewhere next week:

death cross.jpg

Dow Jones got the Death Cross, meaning a bottom is approaching in a short time span:

A bearish ‘death cross’ has appeared in the Dow’s chart

Tesla is approaching fast the same point, where the 200 day average (red) crosses the 50 day avg. , so the bottom could be somewhere next week:

View attachment 523931
Yahoo's graphing and simple moving average SMA calculation are messing with you. The moving average uses the number of data points based on your time view, it is not always in days (daily moving average DMA).
You have a 5 day chart with 5 minute time intervals so you are really showing a 250 minute and 1000 minute moving average or something close to that.
Either zoom out to 3 months or, better yet, select 1 day intervals to get the correct values of 200:372.83 and 50:654.41

Screenshot_20200321-074225_Firefox.jpg

See also the slightly stale results at Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Valuation Measures & Financial Statistics

That's the lowest quote i've ever seen. Can you expand?
Just looking at support and resistance levels. This is possible if we are in a global recession, slowing demand with negative free cash flow, weak longs selling, margin calls, shorts piling in at the lows like usual. Also Tesla is still up YTD while almost all other stocks aren’t. Long term I’m super bullish though. If we can see a miracle bounce to the $500s next week I will sell 10% of my position, need to hoard more cash

Technical analyst Tim Ord was a regular guest of mine on my old TV show. Below is what he wrote shortly after the close yesterday regarding his latest opinion change for the S&P 500 ETF (SPX).

For monitoring purposes: Long SPX on 3/23/20 at 2237.40.

All the Best,
Tim Ord
Ord Oracle - Home

Here's is a portion of what Ord wrote after the market close today:

Today’s rally produced a “Sign of Strength” both in the Advance/Decline line and the Up/Total volume indicators. This may be the best setup for the market to continue higher short term. On previous large decline like in 2010, the SPX retraced over 61.8%, the 2011period retraced near 38.2% and the first decline off of the top in 2008 retraced 38.2%. If tomorrow is up, will be the first time since February 19 the market was up two days in a row and would imply a change of character.

Ord Oracle - Home

Technical analyst Tim Ord was a regular guest of mine on my old TV show. Below is what he wrote shortly after the close yesterday regarding his latest opinion change for the S&P 500 ETF (SPX).

For monitoring purposes: Long SPX on 3/23/20 at 2237.40.

All the Best,
Tim Ord
Ord Oracle - Home
@Curt Renz Glad to see you around again. Missed your familiar posts. Hope all is well.

Is it just me or does anyone else see a pattern here?

View attachment 526724
You'll wonder if you do the same things, as far as general trends (not %) are concerned, with Nasdaq or Dow Jones charts. Which says something. That is, TSLA stocks did'nt rised for the superduper performances, nor went to hell for just FUD by shorters. It will be unpopular but that's facts.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Just looking at support and resistance levels. This is possible if we are in a global recession, slowing demand with negative free cash flow, weak longs selling, margin calls, shorts piling in at the lows like usual. Also Tesla is still up YTD while almost all other stocks aren’t. Long term I’m super bullish though. If we can see a miracle bounce to the $500s next week I will sell 10% of my position, need to hoard more cash
we got the miracle.. thanks
when you make bold predictions - pls post whether you made or lost money - it helps define your credibility or lack thereof

Reactions: ev-enthusiast