Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0EC616D4-06B2-4018-A61C-E9B5BF444C97.jpeg

Lovely $tsla 5 year chart.
Beautiful uptrend channel.
Williams R is -93%.
Break to the upside is imminent.

Last edited:
Tesla M-4.png

The 200 MA has proven to be a strong support tested 3 times in 5 years now and always did hold. The current battle is now around the lower channel support/resistance at 288. Despite the correction in the last 4 month the upwards trend is intact and that is our friend.

• Informative
Reactions: bdy0627
On Wednesday last week TSLA jumped sharply above its 50-day Simple Moving Average on heavy trading volume while closing near the high of day. Today (Monday) it hopped nicely above its 200-day SMA, again supported by volume and finishing not far from the high of the day. Good technical signs.

The jump and new price levels appear to be sustainable due to recent developments in reaffirmation of 5k, positive cash flow and FSD capabilities. Until proven otherwise, my assumption is that we are headed upwards until the next resistant level of $360.

:)

The case is simpe: EWT is not a secret, it is used with some success and,some failure, during time they mostly cancel out.
Same as with monkeys making buy/sell orders.
Funny thing is monkeys generally outperform many investors and analytics.
The trick is to lead, not to follow. It is hard to lead, it is easier not to follow. Make a buying schedule and just accumulate.

Win.

The low today was $346.27, two cents above the low over the past six trading sessions on Tuesday. Also barely under the opening last Thursday which was near the previous day's high. Let's keep an eye on this level. If it holds, it could be the launch point to resume the uptrend.

upload_2018-6-21_16-33-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-21_16-21-52.png
    upload_2018-6-21_16-21-52.png
    667.5 KB · Views: 43
Technical analyst Tim Ord was a regular guest of mine on my TV show. At the market close today he officially returned to being long the S&P 500 (SPX). Below is a chart he included with that announcement. His website is at: Ord Oracle - Home

Today's plunge caused Tim to close his long SPX position after only one day.

For monitoring purposes: Sold long SPX on 6/25/18 at 2717.07=loss 1.37%.
Did hit a previous target near 2700 range. Should have seen higher tick and trin closes today to produce higher panic where bottoms are formed. Still see bottom close but appears not to be today.
All the best,
Tim Ord

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I thought today was quite positive for tesla. Two or three times we entered into positive territory during the day. I know Defc0n is looking for something around 318 as a bottom, but I've been looking for something around 330 to add back on leverage. I think the option premium is very high here so I might enter with covered calls for the following week:

+100 TSLA shares, short a 340 call for about 11 dollars. with an expiration of next friday (11 days). This gives me a little coverage to the downside in case tesla moves down 10 or so dollars. And I think we are getting enough hints that 5000 might be in the works.

• Informative
Reactions: bdy0627