Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA vs Bitcoin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has 100% chance of being at least a 3-5x by 2030 due to very real, observable advantages in patents, manufacturing, talent, and culture. Maybe a 30% chance at being a 10x depending on inflation.

Bitcoin has a 90% chance of being a higher price by 2030 and maybe a 50% chance at being a 10x and 10% chance at being a 50x. This depends on what you view blockchain adoption will be and how bitcoin is perceived as the ultimate store of value vs. functional competitors like ethereum or other reserve currencies like Olympus DAO.

Diversification into both is great as it’s across asset classes, both are blue chip in their industries with proven track records, and still remarkable upside.

Why not both?

For the record my tesla position is like 10x my bitcoin position lol. My crypto portfolio is speculative but I have loopring, Luna, ethereum, and wonderland as core positions. My crypto portfolio has already 20x for me in past year and I expect it to do anther 100x in the next five years. And the only reason I can do that is because my Tesla (and spacex bag) can comfortably sustain my retirement.

Reactions: UCF3
I am not a very astute investor and there are many many savvy forum members, so I have a question (Hopefully within the scope). If you have to pick TSLA or Bitcoin, what would you choose and why?

Tesla has fundamentals. What are the fundamentals of Bitcoin? I’ve heard arguments on the fundamentals of Ethereum supporting smart contracts and the like, but I don’t really understand them. I can predict there is value coming from Tesla that can’t be ignored — undervalued, perhaps, but not ignored. (See the predicted quarterly results thread, and OMG Q4 deliveries and margins!). I can’t for the life of me predict how cryptos are going to behave. This NFT thing came out of nowhere, and for all I know might go right back there over the next year. I can‘t really explain why Bitcoin went to $60k and the $30k and then $60k again. Now I hear it’s down due to coming government regulation. I have a slight fear that some exchange getting hacked could tank crypto all over again. It’s like a thrill ride!

Anyway, while I have a small amount of both BTC and ETH, it’s dwarfed by my TSLA. I would have to understand crypto and the forces that drive it way better to invest seriously.

Reactions: WADan and EVMeister
Tesla has fundamentals. What are the fundamentals of Bitcoin? I’ve heard arguments on the fundamentals of Ethereum supporting smart contracts and the like, but I don’t really understand them. I can predict there is value coming from Tesla that can’t be ignored — undervalued, perhaps, but not ignored. (See the predicted quarterly results thread, and OMG Q4 deliveries and margins!). I can’t for the life of me predict how cryptos are going to behave. This NFT thing came out of nowhere, and for all I know might go right back there over the next year. I can‘t really explain why Bitcoin went to $60k and the $30k and then $60k again. Now I hear it’s down due to coming government regulation. I have a slight fear that some exchange getting hacked could tank crypto all over again. It’s like a thrill ride!

Anyway, while I have a small amount of both BTC and ETH, it’s dwarfed by my TSLA. I would have to understand crypto and the forces that drive it way better to invest seriously.
I think this is exactly my view too. It just seems there are too much price fluctuations and most of the time they have nothing to do with the fundamentals. Also besides the financial risk/rewards aspect, TSLA investment also contributes to the fight against climate change!

FYI, I should have said crypto investment(s) instead of Bitcoin specifically.