Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSN 1050 on TuneIn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my car in to the local Service center to get something checked and also asked them about not being able to listen to local Tunein channels when on LTE but works perfectly fine when on WiFi.

The tech confirmed that the Sim card is in fact an AT&T sim card and is connected to Rogers when in Canada but is always roaming which is why local channels would be regionally blocked.

The tech said he will bring it up with the head tech over in the states and see if there is something they can do to fix that. I am picking up the car tonight so I will update this thread if they find a fix.

As @Darthbenji said above... all the CHUM HD channels in Toronto disappeared again (at least when I checked a couple days ago). I hope that they can regionalize our SIMs. In the grand scheme - certainly a small issue... but it would be nice to have TSN 1050 available since we don't have a basic AM radio.

The fix seems simple but i'm sure it'll be a logistical and operational nightmare for them -- find a Canadian supplier for the SIM cards or localize them to a Canadian network.

We have 3 very good networks to choose from and god knows it'll be cheaper than roaming on rogers through AT&T.

Not going to hold my breath... i'll TSN 1050 from my phone I guess.

The fix seems simple but i'm sure it'll be a logistical and operational nightmare for them -- find a Canadian supplier for the SIM cards or localize them to a Canadian network.

We have 3 very good networks to choose from and god knows it'll be cheaper than roaming on rogers through AT&T.

Maybe they can change the DNS address of the SIM the way some people get around Netflix geolocks. I don't believe these settings are user accessible.

Trouble is the SIMs aren’t in card form: Tesla builds them into the wireless circuitry, so they’re not easily swapped.

I was trying to listen to TSN 1260 out of Edmonton while living in Calgary today, and I get that same error message. 630 CHED works fine, so I'll at least get to listen to Oiler games in the car without using my phone.

I thought maybe the TSN 1260 issue was due to them being on iHeartRadio.

By way of an update, since my car updated to V9, I'm now able to get TSN 1260, as well as a whole lot more local Alberta radio stations via Tune In. It seems the restrictions on some Canadian stations that weren't listenable outside of Canada are now okay with V9. Probably updated the regional settings for Tune In for Canadian customers.

• Informative
Reactions: GlenM and X Fan
By way of an update, since my car updated to V9, I'm now able to get TSN 1260, as well as a whole lot more local Alberta radio stations via Tune In. It seems the restrictions on some Canadian stations that weren't listenable outside of Canada are now okay with V9. Probably updated the regional settings for Tune In for Canadian customers.

That's awesome! I'm out of town right now, but I'll give it a try when I get back.

Any further update on this issue... certainly frustrating that we cant hear 1050 or 1010. I can with WIFI when in my garage or if I hotspot with my phone. But all other Canadian AM radio stations work why is Bell Media holding back on this?? I also sent an email to Sarah with no reply.... should we all again send emails to get their attention. There are many 1000's of Tesla's in the GTA, that are missing out on these stations going to Bell's competitors instead 590 and 680....

Does this still work for you?