Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tsportline 19 x 8.5 Wheels on the Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been looking at this chart a lot, and Something I don’t quite get:

For deeper analysis on axle loading, see this thread:

Which is an update from this thread:

• Informative
Reactions: Exelion
Thanks to all for valued inputs here on TSVs and especially RoBoRat(excellent description on wheel fit dimensions) & Brinox().
TSportline TSV 19x8.5 with 35offset fits perfectly on LongRange Y. I have replaced Gemini's with TSV's and used same tire. Wheels are more beautiful than the pictures. More curb protection with slight tire bulge due to 1inch skinnier wheel and Factory 255/45/R19 fits perfectly and look good on TSVs.
Was range better or worse with the tsv over Gemini wheels?

The 19x8.5 TSTs I received were stamped 900 kg as per the website. In their usual rude fashion, Tsportline verified that the website load spec was correct. I'm not sure what is going on with PT's wheels.

Early versions of the TST 19" Tesla Model 3 Wheels were manufactured in a cast process with a stamped 750 kg load rating. All T Sportline wheels are now manufactured in a flow forged process with a stamped 900 kg load rating for the 19" TST.

Our general policy is to recommend factory tire sizes.

Hey do you guys think i'll be ok with TSV 19x8.5" but 245/50/19... like will it rub against anything? or 245/45 is max i should get. i want max rubber for my MYP for a smoother ride. Thank you!
I’ve seen someone put a 245/55r19 and didn’t rub. Only effect was that it raised the ride about 1” showing speedometer discrepancy.
Edit: realized you have a myp with uberturbines. Compared to the uberturbines it shouldn’t be that much of a difference

Reactions: ZzzzZ
Do you know if i can have 1 kind of tire on the front, and different on the back? (i ordered TSVs 19x8.5)

To be exact FRONTS Purecontact LS 245/45/19 and back Quatrac Pro 255/45/19 ? This way I will bet at load Index of MYP.
Or should i just go for Purecontact LS 245/45/19 for both front and back with load index 102?

thank you

Do you know if i can have 1 kind of tire on the front, and different on the back? (i ordered TSVs 19x8.5)

To be exact FRONTS Purecontact LS 245/45/19 and back Quatrac Pro 255/45/19 ? This way I will bet at load Index of MYP.
Or should i just go for Purecontact LS 245/45/19 for both front and back with load index 102?

thank you
You can do that, but it will really bother my sense of esthetics.

thank you
In theory it's a bad idea. Your lateral grip won't be even. You would under- or over-steer more than with all the same tires. Not good practice.

Reactions: Zoomit and ZzzzZ
Hi! Newb from Japan here, awaiting my Model 3 SR+ replacement, a Model Y Performance.

Loved the thread, especially the math!!

I test drove the Standard RWD and the Performance AWD (no Long Range available here), and liked the ride quality of the 19 inch wheels. I came upon this thread because I'm considering 8.5J +35 with the standard 255/45R19 tires ... 1) The roads can be a bit rough here, and 2) my wife has roughed up the wheels a few times (full disclosure, I have, too (blush)).

TSportLine wheels are available here, but Yikes! Sorry, TSL, but RAYS and ENKEI have some gorgeous, quality wheels at much better prices. I talked with my Tesla Service guy, and he was just not able to tell me 8.5J was okay ... but he didn't say they would NOT work! I think I'm sold. Japan has some seriously narrow roads and incredibly tight parking stalls, and don't want to ruin those UberTurbines.

Cheers! cj

I don't see 19"x8.5" wheels for MY on Tsportline site. Was this once offered before but now they only do 9.5"?
OP was talking about the TSV which was offered 8.5 for Model 3 and 9.5 for Model Y. There is no TSportline 19x8.5 TSV for the Y. OP wanted to use the 8.5 (made for Model 3) for his/her Model Y.

"I was looking at the new "Induction" style wheels that TSportline is coming out with for improved aerodynamic performance over my current aftermarket wheels. Tsportline lists them for both the 3 and the Y. 19 x 8.5" for the 3 and 19 x 9.5" for the Y. All other specs including load identical...…" per OP.