Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"TSportline" Buyer beware! Update: Tire service confirms irregular tire sound. Escalated to Michelin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After buying a set of 20 inch rims and tires from this company I have had nothing but regrets. First, t I received one of the tires with no air in it and I noticed a slow week that would require me to ad more air within a day or 2. After further inspection I found the leak was due to tsportline not fully screwing in the valve stem. Obviously quality control is not their number one priority. Glad I didn't get stranded somewhere with a flat tire. Second, and the most frustrating is that the tires or perhaps the rims make a ungoddly harmonic vibration sound around 56-60 mph. I took my Y to the Tesla service center near me and both the service advisor and Mechanic confirmed that their was definitely an odd noise around 60 mph and rebalanced the rims and inspected the tires but nothing was noticeable enough to say what the problem was. So of course my next course of action is to contact tsportline, so with the tesla invoice in hand noting the problem with my concern I called TSportline. Wow!! If Customer service is what you want after buy a set of tires and rims then look else where. I talked with Elie Rothstein directly who is the president of the company, he was very persistent about it being just in my head and that I maybe should just avoid driving 60 mph. So after about 10-15 minutes of back and forth and going nowhere with this guy I finally had to say I just wanted to return the rims and tires as I can not use them, something just isn't right. HE HUNG UP ON ME!! that's right, HE HUNG UP ON ME! After reading other posts I find a lot of owners complaining about how rude and obnoxious this guy can be but, WOW! I don't know how he can run a business being so evasive and immature. So my advice to anyone looking for after market tires and rims and want some reasonable customer service after your purchase , look else where TSportline is not for you..

So what your saying is if my first post was all roses and unicorns that would be okay.. Im simply getting the word out to other owners before they make the same mistake.. Oh well, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion..

Possible to go the credit card route? I was considering ordering either new tires for the pup or go with wheel/tire combo from Tsportline. will wait to hear how your story goes before I commit. I generally heard good things about em, so so hope it works out for you in the end.

Thanks Quorky, I appreciate your relevant response. However I have gone as far as I can with TSportline and I may go the credit card route. That is a good idea.. I did call Michelin Tires this morning and they were super friendly and helpful. I have a case number with them and I will take it into one of their suggested tire services to verify the problem. Unfortunately they couldn't use the tesla service centers findings as they aren't a official Michelin tire center. The guy I talked with from Michelin said they would send me new tires after they confirm through the tire place. Now that's good customer service and good news!!

Did they say how they are going to confirm the problem is the tires and not the wheels?

Thats a good question mp3mike.. Since I'm dealing with Michelin now its only for the tires, But I'm confident that the service center weather they see anything off or not with the tires there's no denying the sound they'll hear if they drive the car. If it happens to be the rims after all this, I'm screwed cause TSportline won't even acknowledge theres a problem.. So then I'll be out $3500 with a set of tires sitting in my garage. Michelin is my really my only hope at this point..

Sorry to hear about that. I've talked to Elie and changed my orders around and it was fairly easy.

I have yet to get my wheels, nor have I had to deal with the support there, so I can't say much about that, but so far so good for me.

Crossing my fingers I won't have any issues going forward.

Sorry to hear about that. I've talked to Elie and changed my orders around and it was fairly easy.

I have yet to get my wheels, nor have I had to deal with the support there, so I can't say much about that, but so far so good for me.

Crossing my fingers I won't have any issues going forward.

I wish you the best. I'm sure I'm a rare case but just not happy how it was handled..

I swear there was another person that had a similar problem with them and receiving bent rims, and getting push back. But I can't find it.

The only thing I could find is this old post: T Sportline 19s on a P3D+ rattling like crazy

Thanks for that MP3mike, it helps to see I'm not the only one who has had problems with this company. Looks like that guy ended up getting new rims sent to him and he was happy. All I got was a hang up.. Haven't heard back from Elie since so I assume I'm on my own with this problem..

Yeah that's no way to treat a paying customer. Send one more polite email and if no resolution, start posting your experience on the tesla forums and reddit. No bueno.

Thanks Kpinthebay for the advice. In a perfect world a polite email may work but this guy is unhinged and I can tell I won't get anywhere with him. I guess the days of "The customer is always right" is gone. I will keep everyone posted on the tire inspection but I fear one of the rims is the problem and I will be at a loss in the end. In the mean time, I am posting my story across various mediums to let people know. Perhaps tsportline hasn't truly tested some of their tires and rims on the new model Y. Maybe the awareness of my situation will prevent others from having the same headache..

Reactions: P85_DA
I get the feeling that this is simple buyer's remorse.

People with Model Ys that get hot new wheels post pics of their whips, but you didn't. Why is that? Why don't you post pics and upload a video with the noise?

Thanks Kpinthebay for the advice. In a perfect world a polite email may work but this guy is unhinged and I can tell I won't get anywhere with him. I guess the days of "The customer is always right" is gone. I will keep everyone posted on the tire inspection but I fear one of the rims is the problem and I will be at a loss in the end. In the mean time, I am posting my story across various mediums to let people know. Perhaps tsportline hasn't truly tested some of their tires and rims on the new model Y. Maybe the awareness of my situation will prevent others from having the same headache..

I get the feeling that this is simple buyer's remorse.

People with Model Ys that get hot new wheels post pics of their whips, but you didn't. Why is that? Why don't you post pics and upload a video with the noise?

Mark, Definitely buyers remorse.. No need to post pictures as I didn't buy the tires and rims to flaunt them I needed a set of snow tires and rims as my other tires and rims are the Uberturbine and suck in the snow..
Good thought, I am thinking of getting out my old go pro and hooking it up to see if I can capture it..Not sure how well the sound will be captured with all the wind noise at 60mph but it is an excellent idea and may just try to do that so maybe someone here can tell me what the hell is causing it..

Reactions: P85_DA