Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"TSportline" Buyer beware! Update: Tire service confirms irregular tire sound. Escalated to Michelin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would look into Credit card. Amex hopefully is what you used. I found they have the best consumer protections. The only card I use for purchases. Not only will they defend you but there are insurance protections for being a member. My gold card I believe has it up to $1000 per year but may be more. It HAS come in handy over the years. For one thing vendors seem to be more "understanding" and reasonable. IF nothing else they will pull the funds for up to 6 months, even if you lose the appeal.

I have a set on my X, they have no where near the paint quality of OEM, but they were also not the price of OEM... next time I think I'll just live w/the ugly wheels on the X.

I noticed at the SpaceX launch, one of the Model X's had different wheels. They were similar but nicer.

I had the helix wheels on my Model X ,which I liked. I'm not a fan of typical Model X wheels.

20-helix-pirelli-scorpion_1024x1024.jpg

I noticed at the SpaceX launch, one of the Model X's had different wheels. They were similar but nicer.

I had the helix wheels on my Model X ,which I liked. I'm not a fan of typical Model X wheels.

20-helix-pirelli-scorpion_1024x1024.jpg
Yah I'm not a fan of the uberturbines if they were flat black maybe but with all the blacked out trim on the model Y needs flat black wheels. I missed the small window the induction wheels were offered with the pup I probably would of gotten those. I have to be honest the tsportline wheels really look nice on the car just to bad they have this issue..

Ok, Sort of an update.. So I spent an hour with the tire service yesterday and they confirmed there is definitely an irregular tire sound at 60mph that should be addressed. They are submitting their finding to my case number with Michelin and we will wait and see.. I will note the results as soon as I know..

So, what you're hearing is possibly a tire issue. Good news for you, and TSportline. No ridiculous expense and inconvenience of shipping all 4 back to them only to discover that Michelin is (might be?) willing to warrant the offending tire.

I will never defend poor customer service, but I still believe you had more options to repair the broken communication. Every disagreement has two sides, every failed marriage, etc, and BOTH sides are responsible for a resolution.

FWIW, I never believe bad online reviews, especially with alarmist subject lines like yours, because of ^^^.

Also, you said the tire shop suspected a tire issue. You never said Michelin confirmed it. Be careful what you post.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
So, what you're hearing is possibly a tire issue. Good news for you, and TSportline. No ridiculous expense and inconvenience of shipping all 4 back to them only to discover that Michelin is (might be?) willing to warrant the offending tire.

I will never defend poor customer service, but I still believe you had more options to repair the broken communication. Every disagreement has two sides, every failed marriage, etc, and BOTH sides are responsible for a resolution.

FWIW, I never believe bad online reviews, especially with alarmist subject lines like yours, because of ^^^.

Also, you said the tire shop suspected a tire issue. You never said Michelin confirmed it. Be careful what you post.

SMH You've got to be kidding.

SMH You've got to be kidding.

SMH too... Pianewman must be the moderator here. Since his post my headline has been changed. Just so everyone knows I did not change the heading on this post. So far Michelin is the only one who is working with me at this moment and like I said in my last post I am waiting to see, Michelin hasn't confirmed anything yet. It could still be the rims far as I'm concerned either way Its nice to know from 2 sources that this is an issue and "Not in my head" I will keep you all posted..

Reactions: brinox
No, I didn't change it, but someone else must have thought the thread title was misleading.

Did the tire service folk (who are they?) put you in direct contact with Michelin, or are they negotiating the issue with Michelin on your behalf? In my experience, I've never been able to deal directly with Continental, Pirelli, Michelin, but always had to go through a dealership, Discount Tire, etc. Firestone and Goodyear are the only ones that I know of that have brick and mortar stores.

Hoping the tire service can convince Michelin that you have a problem so you can move on. You've got a lot of money riding on this.

Reactions: P85_DA
I’ll tell you this. I am getting my S delivered on Monday after Thanksgiving. Was seriously considering TSportline. Directly related to this I am moving on to someone else. In these times customer support is more important than ever. I feel they are not supporting you properly. very short sighted for them to just be nice. Is that to much to ask. To hang up on you or even if it was a disconnect he had to know the issue wasn’t settled.
there is absolutely no excuse for this.

Reactions: P85_DA and tez_man
I’ll tell you this. I am getting my S delivered on Monday after Thanksgiving. Was seriously considering TSportline. Directly related to this I am moving on to someone else. In these times customer support is more important than ever. I feel they are not supporting you properly. very short sighted for them to just be nice. Is that to much to ask. To hang up on you or even if it was a disconnect he had to know the issue wasn’t settled.
there is absolutely no excuse for this.
I was going to buy rims this spring. I would have gone with TSportline but I will look elsewhere.
It is easy to say that we got good customer service when nothing went wrong. We only know how good their customer service is when a customer has a problem. Based on what I have read they did not take care of the OP.

View attachment 610011 This is the tire and wheel package I bought..

Man!!! I just purchased this exact set in the same color! They are being delivered today. I did purchase them with the Falken Tires instead and not the Michelin’s as I’ll be using my Geminis for Tahoe trips.

I will let you know if I experience a humming sound with the Falken Tires. This will determine if the sound is coming from the wheels or the tires.

I would a) pull them off the car b) advise my credit card company to dispute the charge - oh yeah - put your other wheels back on. You will see how fast T-Sportline plays nice. This is your only solution - since the guy hung up on you.

You have made an impact as I am shopping for the very same rims/tires - all seasons and pulling my uber turbines. I am not thinking twice regarding buying from them. Thanks for your post - I hear the noise from your video. Hopefully T-sportline is reading this and agrees to work with you once your credit card company reverses the charge. I hope you used amex as they are the king of standing by you with BS like this. This is why merchants dislike Amex - along with their higher fee for merchants. Good luck!

Reactions: tez_man