Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"TSportline" Buyer beware! Update: Tire service confirms irregular tire sound. Escalated to Michelin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@LTS_LIFE - I had a similar but different experience with Michelin.

I had a set of Michelin PS4S tires i bought from Vendor A and mounted to rims by Vendor B. Almost a year later there was a bulge in the sidewall. So I called Michelin and they created a case for me and told me to go to ANY Michelin dealer to confirm the issue. Once i went to Vendor C, they called Michelin and entered the Dealer option on the phone and referred to my Case # to say there was an issue with the sidewall and it should be treated under warranty.

I think you are getting close is what I am saying.. GL

My first experience with them was also negative but nothing like yours. They advertised a sale on their 19" rims before they were released. When I called to ask why the website wasn't reflecting the price they advertised in their email promo, the gal said she'd check and then came back and said it was a mistake. They changed the wording on their site but wouldn't honor the email ad price.

Reactions: LTS_LIFE
Thanks for posting this. After having a very bad experience with RPM Tesla, I was planning to give TSportline a try and perhaps buy a few of their aftermarket parts. I am now narrowing down of who I want to do business with. Evannex, Unplugged Performance, Abstraction Ocean, or eBay/Amazon (Jeda Hub is out of the question).

For me, Customer Service is #1. If you're not willing to help me, then you will never get my business. These aftermarket businesses are mainly detailers and installers. They are supposed to be detailed and ensure all of their parts are quality checked. Places like RPM Tesla get a big fat zero. Now T Sportline is on that list.

Good luck with your case.

LTS_LIFE: 1) Which Michelin tires?
2) How many miles did you drive on the tire with the slow leak?
3) How many miles on the tires now?
4) Have you experimented changing the PSI?
5) What is a "harmonic vibration sound"??

@LTS_LIFE - I had a similar but different experience with Michelin.

I had a set of Michelin PS4S tires i bought from Vendor A and mounted to rims by Vendor B. Almost a year later there was a bulge in the sidewall. So I called Michelin and they created a case for me and told me to go to ANY Michelin dealer to confirm the issue. Once i went to Vendor C, they called Michelin and entered the Dealer option on the phone and referred to my Case # to say there was an issue with the sidewall and it should be treated under warranty.

I think you are getting close is what I am saying.. GL

Good to know, so far Michelin has been easy to work with except for my Vendor B.. Lol

LTS_LIFE: 1) Which Michelin tires?
2) How many miles did you drive on the tire with the slow leak?
3) How many miles on the tires now?
4) Have you experimented changing the PSI?
5) What is a "harmonic vibration sound"??

-Michelin Pilot Sport 3s +
-Around 10 miles till I noticed the psi dropping in the car. After filling the tire back up around 4 times I happen to notice air was leaking around the stem. Tightened up the nut and leak stopped.
-tires have around 3-400 miles on them, most of it from driving to tesla service center to have them looked at.
-I have done everything including varying PSI, rotating, rebalancing
-Harmonic vibration, best way to describe it is the sound a pitch fork makes but coming from the tires at 58-60 mph.

Any advice would be appreciated as I am at a loss!!

Thanks for posting this. After having a very bad experience with RPM Tesla, I was planning to give TSportline a try and perhaps buy a few of their aftermarket parts. I am now narrowing down of who I want to do business with. Evannex, Unplugged Performance, Abstraction Ocean, or eBay/Amazon (Jeda Hub is out of the question).

For me, Customer Service is #1. If you're not willing to help me, then you will never get my business. These aftermarket businesses are mainly detailers and installers. They are supposed to be detailed and ensure all of their parts are quality checked. Places like RPM Tesla get a big fat zero. Now T Sportline is on that list.

Good luck with your case.

NaiWiste, thanks for that!! I agree Customer Service is #1.. Good to know I am reaching people to be aware of this vendor..

My first experience with them was also negative but nothing like yours. They advertised a sale on their 19" rims before they were released. When I called to ask why the website wasn't reflecting the price they advertised in their email promo, the gal said she'd check and then came back and said it was a mistake. They changed the wording on their site but wouldn't honor the email ad price.

Tez_man, Geez, That's not right!! They should of honored it. Another check mark for this company!

I get the feeling that this is simple buyer's remorse.

People with Model Ys that get hot new wheels post pics of their whips, but you didn't. Why is that? Why don't you post pics and upload a video with the noise?

Here's a video of the noise. Obviously much more pronounced to the naked ear but you can hear it.. Start listening closely around 57 mph..Let me know what you guys think!

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Very interesting. For sure, annoying to your naked ear.

Which wheels? Post a photo or name of the wheel? I can't tell if it's a hum from the spokes/vanes of the wheel, or from the tires. Have you talked to TireRack about your tires? They might offer some real-world experience with them.

Now, how to resolve this. If it were me, I'd follow-up with TSportline, with a gently persuasive reminder of their image here. I'd let the insulting "hang up" incident go, ignoring it completely. (Uhh...we're all a little stressed these days, right?)

Chances are VERY good they've seen your thread here, so if you want to offer them the opportunity to resolve this, you need to plan for that. Keep it as calm as possible. You have more control over this than they do.

Good luck.

Yeah, you probably should have tried reading his initial post--

"So after about 10-15 minutes of back and forth and going nowhere with this guy I finally had to say I just wanted to return the rims and tires as I can not use them, something just isn't right."

Huh? o_O

He is going as far as getting Michelin involved to try to resolve the problem. It isn't like he is demanding his money back, he just wants a set of wheels/tires that don't have too much vibration.

I believe T-Sportline is on the forum here...

I had a good experience when I bought my rims through them. Communication with one of the reps through email was responsive. Even Elie called me. They held my rims at their service center and got them installed shortly after. No issues at all

When there's an issue with something I bought I never write an angry email or talk to someone in the company in any angered way. Always keep it neutral, professional and state and be persistent with your concerns and a resolution.

Idk how you went about it with them but having worked in customer service I know how people can truly become when they are bothered about something (foul and irrational). Not saying you were like that as I don't know but there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to resolve this

Last edited:
Very interesting. For sure, annoying to your naked ear.

Which wheels? Post a photo or name of the wheel? I can't tell if it's a hum from the spokes/vanes of the wheel, or from the tires. Have you talked to TireRack about your tires? They might offer some real-world experience with them.

Now, how to resolve this. If it were me, I'd follow-up with TSportline, with a gently persuasive reminder of their image here. I'd let the insulting "hang up" incident go, ignoring it completely. (Uhh...we're all a little stressed these days, right?)

Chances are VERY good they've seen your thread here, so if you want to offer them the opportunity to resolve this, you need to plan for that. Keep it as calm as possible. You have more control over this than they do.

Good luck.
IMG_E9762.JPG
This is the tire and wheel package I bought..

I believe T-Sportline is on the forum here...

I had a good experience when I bought my rims through them. Communication with one of the reps through email was responsive. Even Elie called me. They held my rims at their service center and got them installed shortly after. No issues at all

When there's an issue with something I bought I never write an angry email or talk to someone in the company in any angered way. Always keep it neutral, professional and state and be persistent with your concerns and a resolution.

Idk how you went about it with them but having worked in customer service I know how people can truly become when they are bothered about something (foul and irrational). Not saying you were like that as I don't know but there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to resolve this

Actually the conversation was quite calm, No foul language or anger was ever involved, Besides its Hard to get even 2 words in with this guy. He talks and you listen.. I was actually shocked when he hung up. My wife who was listening with me while I was on the phone with him and she couldn't believe it even went there. Maybe he was having a bad day, but guess what, I'm having a bad week as I now have to except I'm stuck with an unacceptable product I cant use that cost me a months salary.