Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"TSportline" Buyer beware! Update: Tire service confirms irregular tire sound. Escalated to Michelin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a very nice contact with Gina from TSportline today, feel bad she had Damage control duty but she has done a good job deescalating this situation. So this is where we are at, I have a case open with Michelin to have the tires reviewed for replacement assuming its a tread or sidewall issue. If that does not work, thanks to Gina the lines of communication are open again if I need to reach out to TSportline for further assistance. As much as I shared the bad I must also share the good.. Cheers all and thank you

Just mounted the TSTs with Falkens. I can’t really hear any humming noise. Although they are more noisy with bumps, but that that was expected going from the Geminis to 20 inch TSTs. My wife loves the new rims as she does not like black rims.

Also, Tsportline’s customer service has been excellent. One of my rims arrived chipped, and they sent another one immediately. I had to pay to get the new one swapped out, but they quickly refunded the cost to get it swapped out.

Here’s a picture with my Model 3, my wife’s Model Y, and my sister’s Model 3. We took Thanksgiving shots.

Reactions: mark95476
F7CF5CD8-4A81-4D89-94FB-6437E33385BE.jpeg 2B490077-062E-4E63-95BD-C5D8D64DC054.jpeg

Had a very nice contact with Gina from TSportline today, feel bad she had Damage control duty but she has done a good job deescalating this situation. So this is where we are at, I have a case open with Michelin to have the tires reviewed for replacement assuming its a tread or sidewall issue. If that does not work, thanks to Gina the lines of communication are open again if I need to reach out to TSportline for further assistance. As much as I shared the bad I must also share the good.. Cheers all and thank you

this end up getting resolved?

Just mounted the TSTs with Falkens. I can’t really hear any humming noise. Although they are more noisy with bumps, but that that was expected going from the Geminis to 20 inch TSTs. My wife loves the new rims as she does not like black rims.

Also, Tsportline’s customer service has been excellent. One of my rims arrived chipped, and they sent another one immediately. I had to pay to get the new one swapped out, but they quickly refunded the cost to get it swapped out.

Here’s a picture with my Model 3, my wife’s Model Y, and my sister’s Model 3. We took Thanksgiving shots.

Hello... can you post a "front to back" side view picture? I'm considering buying a set of TST's for my Y but first, I want to see if they stick out past the fenders.

Thanks!

@GTIgus Sorry to hear this. We are here to help! We received you first email earlier today however you did not include you phone number so we were unable to call you. We replied to your email to please send us pics so we can help and resolve. We have yet to receive those pics. Please send images of the concerned wheels to [email protected] Again we are here to help.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: brinox and BigKRIT
Did OP end up finding out if it was the tires or the wheels? I just mounted the TSS wheels on my Model S for the first time and have the humming/harmonic sound at 55-60mph. Haven't opened a case with TireRack yes, using Vredestein Wintrac tires which are rated pretty quiet. The noise doesn't change when you turn the yoke back and forth at speed.

I got TSV 19s with Michelin AS4 tires.
It was fast delivery and zero issues.
Ride felt much better with this set up.
The only thing I wish I got extra width on tires.
No experience with service, but again no issues with rims or tires or tpms.