Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSportline dubious behavior.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I just ordered a set of "Areo Take Offs" from T-Sportline via eBay $1200 shipped.

I figured they were reputable, title said "Take-Off Factory Tesla Aero Wheels with under 150 miles".

I missed the fine print. They REMOVED the TPMS !!

That should have been right in the title and extremely dubious behavior.

$1200 with out TPMS is also way overpriced in what they are going for due to supply and demand.

Now it's gonna cost $1600 (at least) plus installation.

I would not trust this company with my Tesla if they gave there wheels away for free.

• Disagree
Reactions: mcbarnet007
It seems like they're inline with other offers in this forum. I've done business with them on several occasions and have no complaints. It seems like they're pretty much online with other offers on this forum Tesla 18” Aero Wheels and Tires - Includes Wheel Cap Kit

Folks can charge what they want, but if your gonna call them factory take off wheel set you better make it big and bold you ripped the TPMS out. And not be lazy and use photos with them on.

They removed what Tesla wants $200 each for. At that price I might as well buy the 18” snow package from Tesla and toss the tires.

$1200 without TPMS is a way to high and I’ve seen them with TPMS in that range.

I admit I didn’t do my due diligence because I just never expected this kind of behavior. I’ve bought many take-offs before. And it’s usually not worth someone’s time to rip them out.

You don't have to buy a programmer. He's offering to program all four TPMS for $25. All Tesla TPMS are 'aftermarket' anyway.

I understand your frustration with not getting the TPMS with the wheels. But you already have the rims. It's going to cost you more to buy TPMS from Tesla, ship the rims back for a refund (if they'll allow that), or buy other rims and sell these. It's not like it's a major custom made Tesla part and the TPMS are knock-offs from China.

At the end of the day, you'd have four wheels with four working TPMS you'd never have to see or bother with again. So I'm still curious, what are your other more viable options?