Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tsportline lowering springs and fender gaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tsportline lowering springs for sr+...

Finally got around installing the springs today, well im not to happy w the result....

Before the install gap between fender and tires are 4 fingers all around, AFTER the install front has 3 loose finger gap measuring 28 1/4 from floor to the highest arch of fender and the rear has 2 tight finger gap measuring 27 3/4...i guess my question is , why such a big difference with the gap bet front and rear...is this suppose to be like this ? did i install them wrong? or did they sent me the wrong set of springs.... any input will b much appreciated...

Attachments

• B6B6C2C7-306E-4749-B7E4-28DF9D89DF40.jpeg
    B6B6C2C7-306E-4749-B7E4-28DF9D89DF40.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 71AA2574-2CD0-4D07-B5CD-E0EB026754FA.jpeg
    71AA2574-2CD0-4D07-B5CD-E0EB026754FA.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 7C12BAF0-B786-4020-8415-C59E7DBD7AE0.jpeg
    7C12BAF0-B786-4020-8415-C59E7DBD7AE0.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 198
  • F654B98E-AF00-42EA-81D3-EFE7C5B95F3D.jpeg
    F654B98E-AF00-42EA-81D3-EFE7C5B95F3D.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 6B3E129F-4D03-42EF-96CB-FFCA483CFEA1.jpeg
    6B3E129F-4D03-42EF-96CB-FFCA483CFEA1.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Informative
Reactions: victorlukito
The photo of the car parked in the parking space looks fine. Remember your rear tires don't turn left or right out of the arches while steering as do your fronts, so you need more clearance for suspension travel.

Finally got around installing the springs today, well im not to happy w the result....

Before the install gap between fender and tires are 4 fingers all around, AFTER the install front has 3 loose finger gap measuring 28 1/4 from floor to the highest arch of fender and the rear has 2 tight finger gap measuring 27 3/4...i guess my question is , why such a big difference with the gap bet front and rear...is this suppose to be like this ? did i install them wrong? or did they sent me the wrong set of springs.... any input will b much appreciated...
Man, your side photo of your car is pretty obvious the back is lower. I wouldn't be too happy either. I had Wheel Works install spacers when I did my tire rotation, and the mechanic put them backwards (larger ones in the front). He immediately fixed them, but I had to wait another 30 minutes. Mistakes do happen.

So it's been about a month now. Has your car settled or was there an issue with the product?

Man, your side photo of your car is pretty obvious the back is lower. I wouldn't be too happy either. I had Wheel Works install spacers when I did my tire rotation, and the mechanic put them backwards (larger ones in the front). He immediately fixed them, but I had to wait another 30 minutes. Mistakes do happen.

So it's been about a month now. Has your car settled or was there an issue with the product?

Unfortunately its the same.... my eyes are just got use to looking at it so it doesnt bother me as much anymore... il sell them soon... i want to upgrade to coils...
6C5DC478-6D68-4FC0-A132-0B1339E2CB71.jpeg

• Informative
Unfortunately its the same.... my eyes are just got use to looking at it so it doesnt bother me as much anymore... il sell them soon... i want to upgrade to coils...View attachment 464990
I think you convinced me to hold off on the Tsportline springs. I’m looking for something in the 1-1.25” range but without sacrificing too much ride comfort. Maybe these springs are better fit for the heavier LR models. The coil overs are probably the way to go. I haven’t heard too much negative.

I think you convinced me to hold off on the Tsportline springs. I’m looking for something in the 1-1.25” range but without sacrificing too much ride comfort. Maybe these springs are better fit for the heavier LR models. The coil overs are probably the way to go. I haven’t heard too much negative.

It would have been perfect if I have a LR... in regards to the ride , rides better than stock....

I also have this problem after installing my springs 6 months ago and am not happy about it either. I contacted TSportline and they were not helpful and suggested I check the install and take measurements on a flat surface. They also mentioned they've sold hundreds of these springs with no problems but apparently that is fake news since I've talked to at least 2 other members now including you that have issues. The other member said his rear springs are rubbing on each other now after 2 years. My measurements from center of wheel cap to fender are 15 1/2" front and 14 1/2" rear so there is a 1" difference that is noticeable in my pics. These were taken on a flat surface.

I had my mechanic take it apart today to see if there was anything wrong with the install but he couldn't find anything. Now we are wondering if they sent me the wrong springs for a LR model that have a higher compression rate which would keep the front higher than it should be (I have Standard Range Plus). I need to call TSportline again tomorrow and ask this question but I am afraid I'll get the same type of response I got the first time which I'm seeing other members complain about their bad customer service also. Will share more info after I talk to them.
left.jpg
right.jpg