TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TSportline Red Interior - Stock or Diamond Design?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by CrazyCoconut, Aug 10, 2018.

?

Which design looks better?

1. Stock Design

76.9%
  2. Diamond Design

23.1%
  1. CrazyCoconut

CrazyCoconut Member

Since red is not offered as an interior color and I really want it, I'm thinking about going with TSportline's interior upgrade. I've narrowed it down to stock design or diamond design. Which one do you guys think looks better?

Stock:
    [​IMG]

Diamond:
    [​IMG]

2. Ormond

Ormond Member

The diamond pattern is certainly in style. Audi, Mercedes, and Genesis all offer it.

3. Ejl80

Ejl80 Supporting Member

In style now means it'll look dated someday. stock design.

• Like x 1
  4. Ormond

Ormond Member

I forgot Bentley. I think Bentley was the first auto manufacturer to offer it.

5. CrazyCoconut

CrazyCoconut Member

Yet you voted for the stock design. How come?

6. GoingVerde

GoingVerde Member

IMO, diamond pattern feels out of place unless you had it on the door panels, etc. to match

• Like x 1
  7. OmahaG8

OmahaG8 Member

Diamond looks nice but doesn’t suit the car.

8. Ormond

Ormond Member

I like both very much. I really like the hexagon pattern that I see on Lamborghini and some Audis. I voted for the standard because it's more timeless.

9. CrazyCoconut

CrazyCoconut Member

Gotcha. That's what I'm struggling with. I love the diamond pattern seats in the R8, but not sure it's the right look for the Model 3.

• Like x 1
  10. Ormond

Ormond Member

I cannot even decide on which Model 3 to order. You can always live with the black for a while. :)

• Funny x 1
  11. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

neither, i would purchase the third option not listed that has the black suede inset on the seats....would look a lot better in a three (in my opinion)

12. pdxrunr

pdxrunr Member

Another option to consider is Custom Leather Auto Interiors & Leather Seats | Katzkin. They have more custom options, colors, inserts, and are less $$. Their Model 3 configurator has some basic choices, but you can do anything you want with regards to colors and materials, etc.

13. forkee

forkee Member

Stock design looks easier to keep clean

14. CrazyCoconut

CrazyCoconut Member

I'm getting some quotes for Katzkin as well. I just read anecdotally the TSPORTLINE'S seats are actually made by Katzkin, not sure if that is true or not.

15. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

That would make total sense. Let us know how much they cost so we can see how much tsport is marking them up.

16. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Honestly tsports are just this ..they outsource to a shop in Hollywood ..and their are like seat covers that go on after you remove the originals

17. Drax

Drax Member

To be honest, I like the Tesla interior quite a bit more than I thought I would. I am still debating changing to white though, and Katzkin seems to be the only real way to get ventilated seats which would be amazing to have. Maybe in a few months I’ll make a decision, but for now I’m content.

18. CrazyCoconut

CrazyCoconut Member

I considered perforated, but I worry about debris getting caught in the little holes which would be difficult to clean. Also I think long term durability may be compromised, since you are literally poking holes in the leather. I have to say though, one of the stock Katzkin designs looks pretty sharp (maybe with matching colored stitching though):

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  19. outie

outie Active Member

Try go-gurt. Personal experience.

20. CrazyCoconut

CrazyCoconut Member

:eek: