Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tsportline unable to fill 18" rim deliveries by end of year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I would highly recommend just cancelling your 18" wheel deliveries from TST. Absolutely calling out @Tsportline here

When originally ordered 18" rims were said to "ship by end of october". I was then reassured both here, over the phone and via email that 11/15 was the next date to start shipping that I would have the rims by Thanksgiving for my mountain ski trip.

They are now saying that they have absolutely no idea when shipping will start (they are apparently "hoping" for end of november) and they can't even guarantee by end of the year (after getting off the phone with them today). And that no, they won't do any price adjustments or help with shipping.

Luckily cancelling was easy at the least!

Definitely recommend just cancelling your orders with them and going elsewhere. Terrible customer service to not even notify people that the orders won't be shipping when they are supposed

• Informative
Reactions: logan
I'm having the exact same problem. They said mine would ship the week of Dec. 4 in an email on Nov. 29. Now they're telling me after Dec. 25th. I want 18" wheels to fit on my Performance with the big red calipers, but this looks like the only set that actually fits. What did you do after you cancelled your order? Please let me know if you found some other 18" wheels that'll work without grinding down some lip or something.

When you are a manufacturer of any item whether it's an accessory or a car delays happen. No manufacturer wants there to be production delays but it happens. We sincerely apologize for these delays but there is nothing more that we can do to expedite since the wheels are on route to us from our factory. Transport takes time and then there might be port congestion or get held up in customs. This is how it goes and that's why can never "promise" or "guarantee" when our products will arrive. We can however give an approximation. At Tsportline we are all about our fellow Tesla customers around the world and we all strive to provide the highest level of customer care and support everyday. The fact that there were delays that didn't meet your deadline doesn't mean we provide poor customer service. And that is why when you requested a full refund it was processed immediately. Now that's good customer service! However telling everyone "to cancel their orders and go elsewhere" is not fair. Hopefully those that are patiently waiting for our 18" wheels can hold off a bit longer and if you can't please consider our 19" wheel option or we will gladly issue you a full refund. We expect deliveries to resume within the next 2-3 weeks. Maybe sooner. Thank you everyone for your continued support and patience as we sometimes have productions delays.

When you are a manufacturer of any item whether it's an accessory or a car delays happen. No manufacturer wants there to be production delays but it happens. We sincerely apologize for these delays but there is nothing more that we can do to expedite since the wheels are on route to us from our factory. Transport takes time and then there might be port congestion or get held up in customs. This is how it goes and that's why can never "promise" or "guarantee" when our products will arrive. We can however give an approximation. At Tsportline we are all about our fellow Tesla customers around the world and we all strive to provide the highest level of customer care and support everyday. The fact that there were delays that didn't meet your deadline doesn't mean we provide poor customer service. And that is why when you requested a full refund it was processed immediately. Now that's good customer service! However telling everyone "to cancel their orders and go elsewhere" is not fair. Hopefully those that are patiently waiting for our 18" wheels can hold off a bit longer and if you can't please consider our 19" wheel option or we will gladly issue you a full refund. We expect deliveries to resume within the next 2-3 weeks. Maybe sooner. Thank you everyone for your continued support and patience as we sometimes have productions delays.

I'm sure you're all busy over there, and the increased Model 3 deliveries combined with winter season probably made it a lot worse. My frustration was that there was a significant delay between updates, and that estimated dates passed without an update. Certainly I've faced supply delays and I know it can be frustrating, but with a 20-ish day transit from Shanghai to LAX by Maersk, it's hard to accept that there wasn't an early warning that the cargo wasn't already on its way.

Customs is a pain in the ass pretty much no matter what, and right now is not the best time to be trying to get goods from Asia into the US. Delays from November through December are terrible, and there's nobody you're going to bribe to make it better. You can pay much higher logistics costs to smooth things out, but still the risk is high.

I hope by next year I can purchase some of the 18s and replace the ones I've got this year. But if I could give feedback it would have to be to let customers know what stage things are at. Even In Production, In Transit, In Customs, Shipped would be good enough to have let me know what to expect.

I'm sure you're all busy over there, and the increased Model 3 deliveries combined with winter season probably made it a lot worse. My frustration was that there was a significant delay between updates, and that estimated dates passed without an update. Certainly I've faced supply delays and I know it can be frustrating, but with a 20-ish day transit from Shanghai to LAX by Maersk, it's hard to accept that there wasn't an early warning that the cargo wasn't already on its way.

Customs is a pain in the ass pretty much no matter what, and right now is not the best time to be trying to get goods from Asia into the US. Delays from November through December are terrible, and there's nobody you're going to bribe to make it better. You can pay much higher logistics costs to smooth things out, but still the risk is high.

I hope by next year I can purchase some of the 18s and replace the ones I've got this year. But if I could give feedback it would have to be to let customers know what stage things are at. Even In Production, In Transit, In Customs, Shipped would be good enough to have let me know what to expect.

@tomc603 Yes, customs is what you called it, and an unexpected early Winter made local logistics worse. Combine these factors with Tire Manufacturers not getting a good gauge on the magnitude of the Model 3 plus Trump's recipe for trade disaster. Tesla is no pro at forecasting with their tire suppliers either so there's only a limited amount of good branded Winter tires in North America. So as you can imagine, this is all a very complex math formula with moving variables. We ultimately understand that owners simply just want their products regardless of the greater situation, but we thank you for your patience, for putting up with our growing pains and circumstances out of our control. 18" Flow Forged TST are in transit. Over 1000 units due to land before end of year.

@tomc603 Yes, customs is what you called it, and an unexpected early Winter made local logistics worse. Combine these factors with Tire Manufacturers not getting a good gauge on the magnitude of the Model 3 plus Trump's recipe for trade disaster. Tesla is no pro at forecasting with their tire suppliers either so there's only a limited amount of good branded Winter tires in North America. So as you can imagine, this is all a very complex math formula with moving variables. We ultimately understand that owners simply just want their products regardless of the greater situation, but we thank you for your patience, for putting up with our growing pains and circumstances out of our control. 18" Flow Forged TST are in transit. Over 1000 units due to land before end of year.

Then be honest and proactive with your customers. Don't put text like "backordered until mid november" if you don't actually have reliable dock dates for mid november. just put "backordered".

When you have customers who you have specifically said, in email and in phone call "yes your wheels will be there in time for your november/december" trips, that's just flat out lying. I was told this 2 weeks before thanksgiving, there is no way that the company at that time did not know the product would be delayed. Nobody has a problem with your company not being able to get product in, that's understandable. Being misleading and flat out lying at times and then not following up with your customer base (assuming that the initial dates weren't completely made out of thin air, and were just missed) is complete unacceptable.

Thankfully I found another vendor (XXR wheels, went with the 18" XXR 559) that was able to fit on my car in time for winter.

Ordered mine before I even got the car in September. lol The 18” milled for the P hub specifically. They fit just fine and look great.

It’s too bad TS is having delays. I’d say “worth the wait”, but for those with snow already on the ground, it’s too late, unfortunately.

Nope, because they have a serious supply issue judging from the thread. Maybe in 6 months? Maybe in a year? Who knows.

was never on sale.

i believe them when they say there are 1000 of these on a ship somewhere. And they are great wheels! Their clearance is unmatched on the P3D+ (my XXR 559 has essentially 0 clearance in the rear, I had to shave the cast points on the calipers by a few mm to get one wheel to fit). Of course they also cost 2.5x as much (I paid $500 for a set of 4 rims as opposed to $1200). I will likely look at them again once they get their supply chain worked out.

Just their customer loyalty and reaching out to those who ordered way back in October is awful, so I just won't trust them until it's in stock ready to ship.

Also, when I emailed them asking if their $100 aero wheel kit was somehow different than tesla’s $35 version they accidentally sent me what I would guess is their internal system response that said “don’t even respond.”

Yeah....customer service. That’s it.

I called @Tsportline and had a very pleasant conversation with the nice lady that answered. She understood I needed an immediate solution, and I understood they couldn't give that to me. My refund was processed immediately, I received a confirmation email before hanging up, and I have zero complaints about their support process.

It's always possible someone made a mistake and replied to you with a response meant for someone else. I've done that, and I said something much worse than "don't even respond". :D

The fact that there were delays that didn't meet your deadline doesn't mean we provide poor customer service.

It would be nice to receive emailed updates on such delays. For example, I ordered early November (3rd) and expected delivery at the end of November. I wasn't notified of a delay, instead I had to figure out that the website changed.

The website changed to week of Dec 4th and now it's delayed again with no communication. I hope in the future you can work on communication on existing orders. Tesla has to work on this too, you aren't the only company with communication issues.

In the meantime, I've received plenty of Tsportline ads in my email, speaking of discounts (excluding the exact product I've purchased.) :(

I ordered my 18” wheels from Tsportline October 5.

I received them yesterday (December 10).

While there were delays, I sent emails requesting updates on a weekly basis and received them promptly even on weekends.

Sure they could have pushed updates out but I had no problem firing off an email every so often given I received a response within hours most of the time.

The wheels were packaged very well and received in perfect shape.

So while I’m disappointed in the delays given our weather in Minnesota, I appreciated the responsiveness to my messages and now I have the wheels.

I called @Tsportline and had a very pleasant conversation with the nice lady that answered. She understood I needed an immediate solution, and I understood they couldn't give that to me. My refund was processed immediately, I received a confirmation email before hanging up, and I have zero complaints about their support process.

It's always possible someone made a mistake and replied to you with a response meant for someone else. I've done that, and I said something much worse than "don't even respond". :D

Oh I KNOW the reply was meant for someone else (internal to them). That type of attitude gave me a sour taste though. They can’t even respond to me? Was it because they were charging 3x the amount Tesla was or what?

I ordered my 18” wheels from Tsportline October 5.

I received them yesterday (December 10).

While there were delays, I sent emails requesting updates on a weekly basis and received them promptly even on weekends.

Sure they could have pushed updates out but I had no problem firing off an email every so often given I received a response within hours most of the time.

The wheels were packaged very well and received in perfect shape.

So while I’m disappointed in the delays given our weather in Minnesota, I appreciated the responsiveness to my messages and now I have the wheels.

That's just it. The product they have is great (most clearance I have seen for an 18" rim on the P3D). Their customer service, when you call them or they respond, is also good.

It's just that unless you reach out to them, it's like they completely forget about you. Not everyone is being proactive and messaging them actively and they shouldn't have too.

Reactions: JeffK