TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TSportline Wheels - Directional?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Chevrltz71, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Chevrltz71

Chevrltz71 Member

In good forum etiquette, I tried searching before I started a new thread. I'm kind of weird because some details matter to me and some don't. I have been strongly considering the TSportline 19" Metallic Gray wheels as a 19" solution for the Tesla 21" Turbines - this is a common goal, that's why TSportline offered them!

However it would appear that the Tesla's 21s are direction - the fan blades (if you will) seem angled back regardless if you're looking at the right or left side of the car. However the TSportline wheels do NOT appear to be directional, thus not a true solution for Teslas 21s.

Am I correct? Is Tesla photoshopping their cars so their 21s are truly NOT directional? Or are most people fine with their TSportline wheels not being an exact directional match for Teslas 21" Turbines.

Thanks!!

2. Chevrltz71

Chevrltz71 Member

Can anyone with factory 21's confirm if they are directional at least? Perhaps post a pic of each side?

3. Chevrltz71

Chevrltz71 Member

#3 Chevrltz71, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    Weird - thanks. I'll post some Tesla pics then that are photoshopped. (And whoever answered above to confirm that neither wheel is directional deleted their post for some reason).

CP

4. Chevrltz71

Chevrltz71 Member

These first two pics are from the Tesla builder. AS you can see, the turbine blades at the top of the wheels on both sides point toward the rear.

Tesla1.jpg
    Tesla2.jpg

However, from this picture of a real owner's car (Props and credit to whoever's car this is - beautiful!) the it's obvious that the blades are not directional as they don't match the Tesla above and the blades on the top of the wheel point toward the front.

B5F5FBD3-C37A-4009-AA5E-72CABE5AFA9F.jpg

While I'm slightly disappointed for the lack of symmetry, at least this this issue on my mind is laid to rest. Tesla needs to fix their imaging system to not mirror each side!!!

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

No, there is no opposite-direction to either the T-Sportline wheels nor Tesla's wheels.

6. Chevrltz71

Chevrltz71 Member

Thanks! I understand that now, but you can understand why I assumed so from seeing Tesla's own marketing material?