Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tsportsline 19" TSTs with Pirelli P Zero plus all seasons any good?

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
So we just got back form a week long 1500 mile trip (first one) in our Model S , it was great and used AP a lot...maybe Ill make a thread about it , but back to the point here ...

I have the factory , staggered 21" Turbines but have really been considering going to the 19" square set up .
I have read and read, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Tsporstline tire and wheel package?
I guess I am looking for any info/ thoughts .
I am pretty sure I want to step down the the 19s for ride comfort and quietness. But also fear of pot holes!! Every time I hit a bad spot in the road I cringe .

So, are the wheels any good? ,
Is the package good?
or should I get wheels and different tires....like I said, I will take any advice anyone is willing to give me .

Thanks
Neil

tcoombes

Supporting Member
Jan 22, 2018
Northern California
So we just got back form a week long 1500 mile trip (first one) in our Model S , it was great and used AP a lot...maybe Ill make a thread about it , but back to the point here ...

I have the factory , staggered 21" Turbines but have really been considering going to the 19" square set up .
I have read and read, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Tsporstline tire and wheel package?
I guess I am looking for any info/ thoughts .
I am pretty sure I want to step down the the 19s for ride comfort and quietness. But also fear of pot holes!! Every time I hit a bad spot in the road I cringe .

So, are the wheels any good? ,
Is the package good?
or should I get wheels and different tires....like I said, I will take any advice anyone is willing to give me .

Thanks
Neil

2 years ago I bought a winter package set of 19” TSTs and Pirelli Centuratos. I have been happy with them. They are smoother, quieter, and more efficient than 21s. A lot more than the turbines and a little more than arachnids. I can’t comment on the P Zero all seasons.

Reactions: Alset2

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
I gave up on providing detailed comparisons of 19" vs 21" as well as the Tsportline lineup all based on tons of first-hand experience because one day I discovered all of my posts on this topic across several threads were deleted. No reason was given nor any indication that it had been done. I wasted a LOT of time typing up those replies so now I don't even bother. The only thing I can think of is that I told people that, if after their own research, they decided to go with Tsportline to PM me for a referral code. That's it. I didn't post my code publicly nor did I lie about any of Tsportline's products to try to drum up referrals. I thought I was helping the community but I guess forum staff didn't see it that way. Pretty shady and has significantly impacted me desire to invest my time to help others on this forum for fear of further censorship w/o explanation.

MyJoule

Apr 20, 2014
Tucson, Az
We've had the T-Sportline 19" wheels and the P Zero Plus tires on one of our Teslas for a few years- all good, they wear about the same and are about the same ride quality as the MXM4s the cars with 19s originally come with. Traction is no different from what I can tell. We have 3 Model S's 2 are currently riding on the P Zero Plus one on MXM4- one of the PZero plus is on OE wheels the other on TSportline- We have one set of 21's on Continentals - but they are in storage- they wear very quickly in the desert heat. We also have a set of Arachnids from the referral program- only run them in the winter in Tucson as they are quite soft and indeed the grippiest of the tires -

Bottom line, I could tell not difference in performance/range/ride comfort/ noise between the Pirelli and Michelin tires - we have about 50K miles on all 3 cars. and are on the 2nd set of tires on all 3. We shopped by price and availability between Discount Tire and Costco. One time price won- hence we got the Pirellis the other time availability won and we got the Michelin tires. in all cases, they are about 20-25K mile tires. Hope this was helpful

Edit- and one more thing- yes the 21s are tough to live with on our roads, pothole are a big worry, have't pinched one, but always worried about that when we were running them. Curb rash- 21s' almost guaranteed to happen, 19s' not as bad but it does happen. I've managed to scuff one wheel on each.

• Informative

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
Osterichsak, thank you and I understand your stance 100%.

iI you don't mine you could give me a one word review and I will understand..lol
or you can PM me..its a lot of money for me to invest, would like all info i can get.

MyJoule-thank you for all that info, seems like from the limited sample here, the package is pretty good (or at least not terrible) .

If they were not perpetually out of stock, I would heavily consider the Tesla's for more money just to feel "safe" , but it seems these TSportslines are better ..at least on paper

MyJoule

Apr 20, 2014
Tucson, Az

iI you don't mine you could give me a one word review and I will understand..lol
or you can PM me..its a lot of money for me to invest, would like all info i can get.

MyJoule-thank you for all that info, seems like from the limited sample here, the package is pretty good (or at least not terrible) .

If they were not perpetually out of stock, I would heavily consider the Tesla's for more money just to feel "safe" , but it seems these TSportslines are better ..at least on paper

No problem, one other thing, the TSportline grey is slightly different than the Tesla grey- so it's only noticeable when you have them side by side or use the Tesla center caps.

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA

Solid.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC