TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Tsunami of Hurt" not here yet

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by joefee, Apr 18, 2013.

1. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

#1 joefee, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    TSLA shorts: See the water leaving the beach...I hope the “T of Hurt" comes after you pay for the other half of my SIG…Thanks!

I sold 1/4 of my holdings today @47 (1/2 are core longterm holdings) … looking forward to selling the next 1/4 @ 70 :biggrin:

2. ppl

ppl Member

I do not believe the short squeeze has started yet. I believe the current action are institutions and traders who see this as a potential short squeeze and want in on the action

3. K Hall

K Hall Member

Agreed ppl. Not a lot of sellers right now. I traded a large portion of my holdings Tuesday. Big mistake as it blew through to a new high today. I started accumulating again today with a great sense of loss.

4. blakegallagher

I buckled today and sold about 25 percent of my position. I feel like a short squeeze is coming/already started. I love it to see TSLA rising on days when the market is falling. I hope to see a lot more of this during squeeze :)

5. ppl

ppl Member

Has shown a great deal of strength on these days but even more impressive is both the volume and no profit taking at the end of the day

6. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

#6 joefee, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013

Never a bad thing to book profits….as I said, I’ll be looking forward to selling at 70 again or buying back at 40 ... if there is a correction.

7. blakegallagher

lol well I bought back in that entire position I sold minutes within market opening ..... I bought it in options further out of the money though :) .... risker with more reward if this bull run continues... I could not stand to have money in my investment account as cash with TSLA on the rise. I guess next time I cash some options out I need to move the money out of my investment account into my bank account so I dont put the money right back in :)

8. ppl

ppl Member

short interest only dropped by half million, still 30.5 million shares short as of april 15th. when or if we see short squeeze would need to be based on real data and would be a real surprise beat. would expect to see 25-50 percent rise in stock