Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TTAC: “It depends what you call production”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Tesla Birth Watch 42: “It depends what you call production” | The Truth About Cars

While I'm not a fan of TTAC's sardonic attitude and what they've had to say about Tesla in general, I do have agree with the main thrust of this article.

I can appreciate that they are still working some things out and that they want to ramp slowly. But the delivery of P1 and the March 17th "start of regular production" have felt more like PR stunts than actual milestones. It's probably about time for an actual progress report.

Don't expect progress updates from Ze'ev. Being a Tesla CEO is only "yet another job" for him - making salary, bussines as usual. He does not have a mission nor goal nor a tie with internet comunity. Something that we all get used to while Martin was around.

I want Tesla Motors to succeed, but I just won't be surprised when it bends over and gives up.

Well it does seem it's more Darryl Siry running the tesla blogs now and he definately knows the internet community. And they have said that they will give a progress report "soon"(tm). I do agree that these production dates has been kept more to assure people they are not delaying any more, then to showcase what everyone would call proper production. I'm not afraid that they end up doing another month or two of defacto delays even if they are not saying so. They do not want to ramp up before 1.5 drivetrain understandably and so as long as you're in the lower 1- 2 hundreds you should get your car around summertime... They are still on their own announced "schedule".

Cobos (which IS waiting for the Whitestar :)