TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TTAC drives the Roadster... sorta

Discussion in 'News' started by doug, Jan 13, 2009.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Nice to see it's a positive review. After the whole Top Gear thing, it's nice to see a postive review (though there's really only a limited amount of testing you can do with the available track at the NAIAS). I did notice it's not the same journalist who posted the death watches.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

TTAC? - they were so anti-Tesla. "Death Watch" and all. It seems like they finally have started to accept the Roadster.

4. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Okay - who are they and what have they done with the real TTAC?

Talk about inconsistent editorial position...

Even the comments are positive.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

6. Kardax

Kardax Member

TTAC started coming around when Tesla delivered #100. Tesla isn't so much of a hype machine anymore--they're doing something real, and customers love it.

For a lot of good reasons, most of TTAC's attention is focused on the Detroit Bailout situation these days.

-Ryan

7. shark2k

shark2k Member

I noticed from the comments on that article that there are people that are skeptical of electric cars because of the load they are going to put on the grid. This blog: How Much Electricity Does It Take To Replace Gasoline? - Planet Better Place talked about using wind energy to replace gasoline. I would think that the combined use of wind power and solar panel could probably help create enough energy to charge electric cars. (I think I just rambled in the short paragraph and might have made no sense, sorry). I was really just trying to bring up the point that seemed to occur in a good portion of the comments, that being the load on the grid system.

-Shark2k