Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TTAC gets pissed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Sunday evening, ABG posted a fun article by Sebastian Blanco about his visit to the Tesla LA store. He was really impressed with the place, including the restrooms. After a few phone calls, he managed to score an unsupervised drive in VP16 (sweet!), but this is where TTAC's Robert Farago get's upset:
We're furious. Lest we forget (and we don't), Tesla Spokesmouth Darrel Siry promised TTAC a drive back when they didn't have any cars– I mean "prototypes." And then DS wimped-out rescinded his offer. Yet this fanboy gets an unsupervised spin just by showing up?
Tesla Birth Watch 46: AutoblogGreen Hearts Roadster, Bathroom | The Truth About Cars

p5091578.jpg

I think the only thing Tesla can do right now is focus on delivering its cars to its customers ASAP. In order, and as promised with no more favors for high-profile clients. I hope they do it quickly because people are ready to explode with excitement. TTAC burned a bridge they shouldn't have.

It's curious, but it seems to me that Darryl Siry has more respect for the abrasive, confrontational style of TTAC's Robert Farago than he has for the calm, reasonable, somewhat intellectual tone of the TMC crowd (us). Maybe it's just because TTAC has more eyeballs on the screen than we do, or maybe it's something else. Cojones perhaps?

Urban Dictionary: cojones

What do you think?

All the best,

Chris H.