Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuesday Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, the only place I've seen this said (before here) is on Engadget and it's wrong.

Tesla included it in their Q3 2011 shareholder letter:

We are excited about how the design and functionality of the Model X is beginning to mature. Our vision for the Model X is a vehicle that combines the functionality of a minivan with a design as cool as an SUV. We remain on plan for an exclusive showing later this year.

as well as in their Form 10-Q quarterly report:

We also currently plan to hold a limited showing of the prototype of the Model X crossover by the end of 2011 and to reveal it publicly early in

Did even a limited, non-public, showing happen?

We remain on plan for an exclusive showing later this year.

It did happen. They held it in NY for a bunch of investors. Barclay's did a report on it and all. We've been tracking it in the Model X Unveil When?? thread.

What I was stating was "wrong" was the idea that Tesla missed any dates. They had their private showing and now are scheduling their public unveil. There's no need for concern there as they're delivering exactly what they promised.

It's easy to write the script for this call:
  1. Rawlinson's departure was voluntary and entirely for personal reasons. After having given his all to the Model S engineering effort, and now that the car is moving into production, Peter thought this was an opportune time to pass the baton for development of Model X.
  2. We want to thank Mr. Rawlinson and Mr. Sampson for their substantial contributions to the Model S development effort and for their assistance in assuring a smooth transition to their successors.
  3. The departure of these two engineers will have no bearing whatsoever on the release date of the Model S. We are still confident that customer deliveries will begin by July, and cautiously optimistic that they may begin sooner.
  4. The Model X development plan is also solidly on track. We are looking forward to sharing more information about this exciting new addition to the Tesla family on Feb. 9.
  5. We will discuss Q4 financials in detail at the earnings call next month. I can share with you, however, that we ended the year with more than 8,500 reservations for the Model S, and that all 1,000 US Signature editions have been reserved. As we have stated early, these figures mean that the entire 2012 production has been reserved.
or similar.

Exactly right IMO, except for the phrase "and cautiously optimistic that they may begin sooner"...there's absolutely no need to stick their necks out on that one. BTW the start of Model S deliveries date previously promised was before the end of July.

It's easy to write the script for this call:

Rawlinson's departure was voluntary and entirely for personal reasons..

Check.

We want to thank Mr. Rawlinson and Mr. Sampson for their substantial contributions to the Model S development effort

Check.

The departure of these two engineers will have no bearing whatsoever on the release date of the Model S.

Check.

The Model X development plan is also solidly on track.

Check.

We will discuss Q4 financials in detail at the earnings call next month. I can share with you, however, that we ended the year with more than 8,500 reservations for the Model S, and that all 1,000 US Signature editions have been reserved.

Check.

Hmmm... That seems to be a restricted area. I have a "guest login" to the Tesla forums but it doesn't let me view that page.
Must be "owners only".
It's an owners/reservation holders only area. I don't want to cut and paste someone else's post without asking but he basically summarized line by line each presenter and question/answer. I'm listening to the entire even myself anyway.