Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuesday Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the responses. I am not sure I have a customer advocate ... I actually mistyped my email when I reserved online and never got a conformation email perhaps this is why? I did send an email to the generic help email address and they changed the email address in my account (I can see my reservation now) but I am unsure who my customer advocate it ...

My customer advocate is listed as generic customer service *shrug*

I see how it could be misunderstood, but not a typo. Out of 2000 Roadsters delivered, an unspecified number of them had high-speed accidents. Meaning, that number is not also 2000. And not meaning that each one of the them had a number of accidents. ;) And none of the 2000 had battery fires.
You probably should change the wording to "Out of 2000 Roadsters a few of them had high speed accidents." I also mis read what you wrote at first.

I think the idea is two fold. One, there is space between the cylindrical batteries and two, each individual battery doesn't hold very much energy. If one heats up and melts, there's be space between it and the surrounding batteries (probably space filled by coolant), and the melting battery doesn't release too much energy since it's small. Because of this, the battery next the melting battery won't also melt.

That's just my take of it though. I'm not a battery expert.

That's pretty much how understood it as well. And it also works that way even without the coolant.