Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tune-in, drop out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is possibly mentioned elsewhere but i couldn't find it..

i am having a recurring issue with the tune-in service (not sure if occurs with slacker also as i rarely use it these days) and that is when listening to a podcast and nearing the end the system will frequently "fast-forward" to the next track. no buttons pushed. my steering wheel buttons don't seem touchy as this never happens with other media. the main bother here is that tune-in is not 'fast-forwardable' (which is a super bother in itself..) so returning to the spot left off requires re-listening to the whole podcast. no thanks. this is consistently happening (every other podcast or so..?) and i can't discern a certain point or driving locale that makes it happen. it's distinct from the occasional pause in playback that happens when the data signal is weak and the buffer empties, the system usually recovers from that scenario and plays where it left off...

my question is: are others experiencing this as well? i am planning to notify ownership but wanted to ascertain whether this is something electro-mechanical/software-y with my car only, or a more widespread issue.

thanks much.

edit: ok. searching with tune-in properly spelled and with and without hyphen, i do find that yes, others have this issue. is it true that this is 'just how the service works'..? this is very not cool, and i can't see that this isn't something to.. um.. fix. has anyone a response from ownership about this they would care to share? thanks again.

Last edited: