Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tune-in Issues since 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 7.0, there are a number of podcasts that used to work in Tune-in but now keep saying that it requires a Wi-fi connection to play. The length of the podcast doesn't seem to be the determining factor and I can't seem to get it to work even with a reset or repeated attempts to play the episode. Anyone else have this problem?

I used to have this problem before 7.0. I "solved it" by creating a Tune-in account and logging in to it from the car (it's somewhere in the settings). I say "solved" because I am not 100% certain that it is related. Might be due to some other random factors.

Since 7.0, there are a number of podcasts that used to work in Tune-in but now keep saying that it requires a Wi-fi connection to play. The length of the podcast doesn't seem to be the determining factor and I can't seem to get it to work even with a reset or repeated attempts to play the episode. Anyone else have this problem?

I was told from Tesla that Tesla's Tune in account is always active and working. If you want a personal account you have the ability in Settings or Apps to input your own account information. My question is: What do you gain above the basic level that Tesla provides for you in Tune in by activating and paying for your own account?

I was told from Tesla that Tesla's Tune in account is always active and working. If you want a personal account you have the ability in Settings or Apps to input your own account information. My question is: What do you gain above the basic level that Tesla provides for you in Tune in by activating and paying for your own account?

I set up my own free account so that I can use the web interface to "favorite" some podcasts that don't always appear in the car's menus when I navigate them. That gives me the ability to listen to podcasts that I like on a regular basis in the car (they appear in the favorites menu).

Last edited:
I was told by Tesla that they DO NOT provide us with Tune-in account. Only slacker account. I was also under the impression that they provide us with an account, until I saw in the settings that my Tune-in was 'not logged in', which is the why I called them to verify.

I was told by Tesla that they DO NOT provide us with Tune-in account. Only slacker account. I was also under the impression that they provide us with an account, until I saw in the settings that my Tune-in was 'not logged in', which is the why I called them to verify.

Correct. Basic TuneIn is free, the Premium version has a monthly charge and requires authentication.