Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tune In Loading Error Diagnosed and Workaround

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't figure out at first this spring why more and more Radio stations produced only "Loading Errors" in my Tesla 3. The reason: The stations are now using m3u streaming and Tesla's servers through which we all get Tune-in, are apparently not capable of handling the m3u streams (found this buried in a blog somewhere). Tesla needs to fix this either in a car update or with their servers. Meantime, you can load the radio station's app on your smartphone which can handle the m3u stream (at least the iPhone XR can) and select phone form the music options on the car's touch screen. I hope Tesla fixes this soon!

Meantime, you can load the radio station's app on your smartphone which can handle the m3u stream (at least the iPhone XR can) and select phone form the music options on the car's touch screen.
That's a fantastic workaround! The only downside from my perspective, is that it isn't great for folks who do not have unlimited data plans, because isn't the iPhone's streaming content in this situation cellular data?

I couldn't figure out at first this spring why more and more Radio stations produced only "Loading Errors" in my Tesla 3. The reason: The stations are now using m3u streaming and Tesla's servers through which we all get Tune-in, are apparently not capable of handling the m3u streams (found this buried in a blog somewhere). Tesla needs to fix this either in a car update or with their servers. Meantime, you can load the radio station's app on your smartphone which can handle the m3u stream (at least the iPhone XR can) and select phone from the music options on the car's touch screen. I hope Tesla fixes this soon!
Still not fixed 091419. Just blew my phone data plan streaming through the phone and Bluetooth to the Model 3. Any update on progress from Tesla?

I'm having that issue as well, especially with some podcasts. I contacted the tech folks at TuneIn and they said that the problem is that the particular podcasts that I want to listen to are using an HTTPS secure streaming URL. Apparently, Tesla's browsers can't handle it. They recommended that I get in touch with Tesla and ask them to add HTTPS support to their onboard media player. After I picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard, I came to this forum to see if anyone else might be having this issue or know of another workaround? I'm sure this is 956,712th on Tesla's Important Items to Fix List.