TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tune In Login - does the login box in settings ever work?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by LI78, Sep 22, 2016.

1. LI78

LI78 Member

Is anyone able to Login in to Tune-In through the Tesla app with their Tune in account and password inputted (as opposed to leaving those boxes blank). Am unable to do so. Questions:
    1) Tesla has confirmed replied to my email that one can't login to an upgraded Tune-in account (which I have). Anyone figure a work-around to this (other than playing through your Tune-In on your mobile)?
    2) Can we login if DOWNgraded to free Tune-in account? (this would at least have the benefit of porting over organized tune-in favorites, set up outside the car)? Or, is the login box just a plain old fake-out and does not work under any circumstances?
    3) Of course, if anyone who has 8.0 already (I don't) and can comment on changes in tune-in login/premium/favorites, would love to hear.
    Thanks.

2. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

I have not been able to log into my free Tune-in account. Even with Tesla help no luck so far.

3. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

Same here. I have a free Tune In account and never have been able to log into my account on my MS. The Tune In account works fine on my iPad and PC but not in the MS. I contacted Tesla and was told that there aren't any Telsa log in credentials that are available, like there are for the Slacker account. There are other threads on the forum discussing this problem and the hopes that Version 8 of the software will fix it.

4. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Has anyone tried this on 8.0?

5. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Just logged into my TuneIn account for the first time on v8.0, and it worked! It prompts you to login with an email address, but used my username instead.

• Informative x 1
  6. LI78

LI78 Member

Thanks, looking forward to receiving the upgrade.