Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tune-In Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So odd... some, but not all, of the Tune-In Apps aren't working.
It's so frustrating. Own a $90,000 car and the radio doesn't work (eye roll)
News stations will work but by CNBC app (which I love to listen to in the AM and late afternoon) won't work.
Any thoughts here would be appreciated.

I reported my load errors on certain TuneIn stations to Tesla through the app. The next day I received a phone call and a re-update of the last software update. The stations seem to work OK after that. If you do a google search on this issue, you will see that Tesla sometimes breaks TuneIn with an update temporarily, so hopefully this will be corrected by the next update. If you are still under warranty, report it through the app.

same experience here yesterday - Bloomberg Radio + TV channels working but not CNBC
Thank you very much.
Oddly enough it occurred during an update but I question if it was the hardward update (I had just purchased the autodrive feature) or the downloadable update which occurred practially simultaneously.

I'll get on the app now and see if this is the issue though the car does say I have the most recent "update"

Thank you again,
Brasil

fox favorite wasn't working after an update a few weeks ago.

Problem solved by clicking on tune in and hitting another station THEN clicking back on your favorites station that wasn't working. Worked for me.

Question. Was ur doing the play/pause button on/off repeatedly?

Thank you.
That seems to have helped.
My play/pause button wasn't showing up... it was like a constant circle then eventually it timed out and stated loading error

Glad I helped. This was frustrating. But just got 36 update. Will see.

Look carefully, was the play button going black and Grey many times?

My radio/XM tuning is always buggy. Often the buttons wont register my fingers or change channels, sometimes the sound breaks up or is scratchy, and reception of channels if far inferior to my other cars (when I drive the same roads with my BMW, I never loose signal, whereas with Tesla almost every overpass, tree, etc. seems to cause temporary signal loss.

this just worked for me in fixing the TuneIn issue - I logged out of my account in the Tesla and logged back in. the login procedure was different now vs when I originally authenticated myself using username and password. now is done by QR code and the mobile app. re-authenticating in this manner fixed the issue for me.

this just worked for me in fixing the TuneIn issue - I logged out of my account in the Tesla and logged back in. the login procedure was different now vs when I originally authenticated myself using username and password. now is done by QR code and the mobile app. re-authenticating in this manner fixed the issue for me.

Very interesting. Will try.

Do you mean logging out of ur tune in account? I was thinking that but by me it says "login" on bottom. So I've always assumed I'm not logged in. Didn't want to screw things up worse.

Now at least every station works but I have to access it by clicking on tune in and then clicking station. Vs before I just clicked on my favs on bottom by streaming section.

My radio/XM tuning is always buggy. Often the buttons wont register my fingers or change channels, sometimes the sound breaks up or is scratchy, and reception of channels if far inferior to my other cars (when I drive the same roads with my BMW, I never loose signal, whereas with Tesla almost every overpass, tree, etc. seems to cause temporary signal loss.
That's weird.
I was just thinking how good the tesla online radio, the streaming one, It never lost reception on way to my mountain home this summer. When I lost cell signal many times.
But in previous cars my satellite radio always lost reception. I remember telling wife that I guess there are no satellites here etc.