Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tune in Podcasts and 8.0 - Unusable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it does seem to work with their "popular" podcasts, trying to find, then use the player with other Tune in podcasts is a new level of frustration.

Take for example "The Nerdist" podcast with Chris Hardwick. Searching for it gives you "songs" which are labeled clips, but if you search for whole episodes in "albums" All you get is the podcast label. No idea how long the podcast is or who is the guest. It is at least 50 podcasts long and not order of release.

Of course, the main podcast bug - resets to the beginning if you are away form the car for any period of time - still is a "feature"

Last, you can no longer "favorite" a podcast. While it appears you can, it is a cruel, cruel lie. Suggesting that I use podcasts on my phone is unhelpful, because that has its own problems and does not address the steaming pile of manure that the 8.0 media player is now.

I believe Tesla uses software engineers who have never used a real media player in their life. The old one may have been less aesthetically pleasing, but you could find what you were looking for and use the damn thing. I have the same problems that everyone else seems to have but this did not seem to be covered yet.

If I had to wrestle with this monstrosity when I was doing my test drives, Tesla would have gotten a much much closer look. Still probably would have bought, but maybe not for a while until they fixed it,

Also frustrated by poorly functioning podcast player. Too many times the podcast won't play at all (simply displays "Loading error"). If my phone can stream a podcast, the media player should be able to do so as well, and it is simply safer to navigate content using the car's capability vs. juggling a phone while driving. I expect a little dedicated effort, perhaps in concert with Tune-In, would be enough to solve these issues.

Reactions: Rossy
If it is possible, it has gotten even worse. Now I can only get 1 or 2 podcasts to work at all. My call to Tesla support today. "We don't support Tune in, it is just there for your use. If you have a problem, contact them."

I expect that from GM, not Tesla.

I barely use my tune in now because it never finds a podcast for me. Even using your iphone can cause issues like I'll find the episode I want to listen to, press play on the phone, lock it so I don't have a bright light shining in my face and it stops. I have open up the phone again and press play and that will help it (most of the time!). It is just annoying.