Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tune-In radio station bug with 2.44.130 S/W

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed an 8.0 audio bug (and hope that Tesla watches these threads). When listening to Tunein radio in my classic 85, the audio system will move to the next TuneIn station when it loses the 3G signal. This has happened after closing out a phone call, or when the system loses the 3G signal for a period of time, or when the car is shut down, then re-started with the TuneIn radio station selected as the audio source. I have seen this behavior both in my 2013 classic 85 and a similarly equipped loaner from Telsa service. To clarify, the audio system will not restart my selected TuneIn radio station, and will self select the next available TuneIn station from my favorites or recent stations list when the cellular signal is interrupted.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Seth

My problem when tuned to Slacker is when I return to the car it often powers up on XM-1 Preview. Doesn't seem related to 3G signal strength. Doesn't seem to matter if parked in range of my WiFi or not, for days, or for minutes.

Then last week when there was a Sirius free 2 weeks it wouldn't tune 26-classic Vinyl. I didn't try hard before going back to my usual Slacker fare.

The music selection on XM Preview is really awful.

I have noticed an 8.0 audio bug (and hope that Tesla watches these threads). When listening to Tunein radio in my classic 85, the audio system will move to the next TuneIn station when it loses the 3G signal. This has happened after closing out a phone call, or when the system loses the 3G signal for a period of time, or when the car is shut down, then re-started with the TuneIn radio station selected as the audio source. I have seen this behavior both in my 2013 classic 85 and a similarly equipped loaner from Telsa service. To clarify, the audio system will not restart my selected TuneIn radio station, and will self select the next available TuneIn station from my favorites or recent stations list when the cellular signal is interrupted.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Seth
Same thing has happened to me several times but I couldn't find a correlation, I actually thought it was a bug associated with the HVAC system because it happened at the same time I was making changes to the AC, but I was unable to reproduce the problem

But wait, there's more. The car updated to 2.46.16 Lately, when TuneIn is playing and the car is turned off, then back on, the system will sometimes shift itself to AM radio. Now if you've listened to AM reception in the Tesla, your ears are tougher than mine ;)