Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tune-In search functionality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i find the search functionality of the media to be very hit or miss. A few times the exact title of the podcast yields 0 results but I can find it by clicking through the various category folders.

I’ve taken the time to favorite a bunch of them so I’ll no longer have to search but I can’t find This American Life - has anyone had any luck finding this one in tune-in? Is there a way to add more podcasts to the app?

Are podcasts on TunedIn even workable for you? I love listening to podcasts, but have completely given up on using TunedIn. Among my complaints:
  1. The car will frequently forget where you were in the podcast, or even what episode you were listening to. I think this usually happens when you switch to radio and then try to go back to the podcast.
  2. Getting to the episode list of a given podcast is hit or miss with me, or maybe it's just user error. Either way, it's non-intuitive. When I finally do end up on the episode list, it usually starts to play the most recent episode (even though I may be several back).
  3. Frequent "Loading Error" issues.
  4. Sometimes you can navigate to a certain time position within the episode, sometimes you can't, and when you try, it seems to jump to the beginning of the most recent episode (even though you are dragging your finger along the time slider and see the current time changing).
I've basically given up on TunedIn and have resorted back to just using my phone, even though that has issues as well.

Tunein Podcasts are a serious "hit or miss" for me....

I hold a paid "premium" account on Tunein and still can't get the "premium" podcasts to show (these are commercial free)..

I have put together proper "favorite" folders in the Tunein website app and they do transfer over to the car properly. The issue is the "premium" podcasts don't make that transfer and can't be located through the Tesla/Tunin app in the car...

I do concur that playback is a major flaw as it is very inconsistent.... The car does forget where you are in an episode... It does in fact (in most cases) plays through parts of an episode and then just drops the feed and moves to the next episode... Also the "loading Errors" will drive you crazy...

But this is a Tesla/Tunein app issue....

I can use Tunein on my phone in the car without any issues.... The same episodes that give "Loading Errors" in the car or just stop playing half way through work perfectly when playing from my phone...

Really a pain and very disappointing that I must use the phone....

Reactions: RTPEV
Tunein Podcasts are a serious "hit or miss" for me....

I hold a paid "premium" account on Tunein and still can't get the "premium" podcasts to show (these are commercial free)..

I have put together proper "favorite" folders in the Tunein website app and they do transfer over to the car properly. The issue is the "premium" podcasts don't make that transfer and can't be located through the Tesla/Tunin app in the car...

I do concur that playback is a major flaw as it is very inconsistent.... The car does forget where you are in an episode... It does in fact (in most cases) plays through parts of an episode and then just drops the feed and moves to the next episode... Also the "loading Errors" will drive you crazy...

But this is a Tesla/Tunein app issue....

I can use Tunein on my phone in the car without any issues.... The same episodes that give "Loading Errors" in the car or just stop playing half way through work perfectly when playing from my phone...

Really a pain and very disappointing that I must use the phone....

2 day owner and equally frustrated w the performance of tune-in, especially w podcasts. On my drive home from work yesterday, it stopped during an episode, gave a loading error and just started playing the next one. I would go back to return to the episode and it would start at the beginning. I am in love w the M3 but the audio issues are a big deal. The CarPlay in my Audi was amazing and so easy to navigate w the various track wheels. Not dangerous. In my M3 I have to reach over to the upper right portion of the screen to toggle between audio source. That’s not safe. Good thing I got auto pilot.