Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn and Apple Music unusable since mid April 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking to see if anyone else is experiencing issues with TuneIn and Apple Music?

I‘m a long time owner so have tried the usual suspects (reboot etc) but only Slacker works with any reliability right now

I have lifetime premium connectivity and have upgraded to MCU2, which up to now has worked so well that I didn’t miss FM radio - but on a long trip yesterday, it was quite frustrating to not be able to even get AM730 Traffic Reports running

I’m on 2023.12.5

All seems fine when on WiFi at home. I’d use this in the car permanently, but data plans in Canada are a total rip off. LTE signal always very good during the periods of radio silence

Anyway, if you’ve seen the same please let me know

In my Model 3, the most recent software update may have broken TuneIn for me. (I always had trouble with Apple Music and have given up on it in the Tesla).
The car is now on v2023.20.4.1.

Anyhow, prior to the software update a couple days ago, the behavior of TuneIn had been modified so that when selecting a new station (among Favorites), the old station continued to play until the new station was fully queued up and ready to play. Prior to that, as I recall, selecting a new station silenced the old station during the interim that it took to get the new station streaming.)

Now, the ONLY station the TuneIn can steam is the one that I had tuned a couple days ago, prior to the latest software update. Attempting to select a different TuneIn station just brings up the spinning circle and the old station continues streaming. Going to broadcast FM station and back doesn't help, nor does pause/resume playback. Finally, a soft reset (power down/up) didn't help either.

What gives? What do the millennials who have mistakenly been given access to the Model software tree have in mind?

By the way, I much preferred the original TuneIn behavior where the current station was silenced immediately upon selecting a new station. When you don't want to hear something, you want it to stop, please. The objective should not be "seamless" transition from station to station unless that is a defeatable option.