Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Death Throes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TuneIn has been gradually getting worse and worse on my 2018 M3. Right now I can select a station, it may or may not work, but when it does work it will only last for 2-3 minutes, then it simply stops playing. Is that kind of the state of the union for TuneIn right now? I have free connectivity and love tuning in remote stations but I am about ready to give up.

Other than slow loads and interminable ads when channel surfing, TuneIn’s been okay. I wish that my local AM stations would set a timeout on their ads so that the same client could avoid having to hear their stream-load ad just because the cell service dropped out for a few seconds.

When listening to radio station streams on my phone, I use SimpleRadio which is much better but they’re not as bug a name as TuneIn so Tesla’s not interested in working with them.

As of a few weeks ago, my podcasts are no longer working in Tunein. I select them and nothing happens, it never plays.

I’m glad others can still get their podcasts. I’ll have to try rebooting but I’ve already done that at least once for a different reason and it had not effect on the missing podcasts. I use my phone app, now.

Reactions: AC2DC
We had a problem with streaming music, which I think is Slacker not TuneIn, but might be similar. We'd hear maybe 5 seconds of a song then it would start another, for another 5 seconds. A reset did fix the problem. Common enough when using a computer as a radio.

Reboot did not help, I still get some period of music, usually less than a song, and then it just stops. I listen mostly to college radio so I just tested the same stations on my desktop with free TuneIn and they play fine. Seems to be a Tesla thing. I'm assuming nobody is logging in to TI or paying for it. I have free unlimited data.

Reboot did not help, I still get some period of music, usually less than a song, and then it just stops. I listen mostly to college radio so I just tested the same stations on my desktop with free TuneIn and they play fine. Seems to be a Tesla thing. I'm assuming nobody is logging in to TI or paying for it. I have free unlimited data.
Try some more mainstream stations, it could be the fault of the stations that you are listening to rather than Tunein