Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tunein Favorites Gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gone for me too.

I share what I have learned about the My Favorites in Tunein Radio and the heart shaped Favorites of the Tesla System. If you favorite some episode or station on your Tesla it will appear in the heart shaped favorite section on your Tesla. It will also be added on you Tunein Radio account, so if you go to the Tunein Radio app on you smartphone you'll see them there. However the episodes you hearted won't appear in you tunein radio app, since there is no feature in Tunein Radio to favorite a single episode. And if you favorite something from your smartphone in the Tunein app, it won't appear in the listen of heart shape favorites in the Tesla system, but it will appear in the My Favorites under Tunein Radio section. Furthermore, the podcasts you favorite in the Tunein Radio account on your smartphone used to appear on the My Favorite section, but not in the heart shaped favorites in the Tesla system, which have now DISAPPEARED. Also you could have arranged your My Favorites in the Tunein radio section, by going to your smartphone app and arranging the order in which the stations and podcasts you are following are arranged. Now that DISAPPEARED too.

.188 update restored my TuneIn favorites. Rejoice!

Yes, I can also see manually added streams, but it seems that it does not support custom urls from Di.fm premium.
It does not start playing, says "Tunein is not available" instead immediately after selecting one.

Any ideas how to enter di.fm premium urls so that Tesla will accept them?

Also, doesn't allow searches in TuneIn. I spent about an hour trying to find a podcast I had been listening to for a month.

I found I could search at my computer, find the podcast, and add it to my favorites. Then if you log out of TuneIn in the Tesla and then log right back in, they show up.

Crappy interface in the car. Tesla, please fix this.

Also, doesn't allow searches in TuneIn. I spent about an hour trying to find a podcast I had been listening to for a month.

I found I could search at my computer, find the podcast, and add it to my favorites. Then if you log out of TuneIn in the Tesla and then log right back in, they show up.

Crappy interface in the car. Tesla, please fix this.

Favorites back for me now too. Basically the same as it was before.

I agree the interface is not the best, but I do like that I can sit down at my computer and organize my Favorites (even into sub-folders) and they show up in the car. In a pinch, I can use my iPhone's Tunein app to search and add a favorite if I'm out and about.

I have my TuneIn favorites, but no favorite shows/podcasts. I managed to find them by browsing through the regular show collection but after a reboot this route does not work anymore (show is no longer listed at the same place it was before). Very annoying!