Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tunein getting worse for anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got our first Model S in 2014 and there have alway been issues playing some Tunein streams. For some reason these errors only seem to affect the newest episodes. In the past there were two ways that would often "fix" it and allow you to play an errored out podcast episodes. Method one is you could either select an older episode which would play fine, and then re-select the new stream which would then for some reason be able to buffer and then play. Secondly, you could do a hard reset holding both steering wheel buttons down beyond the screen going blank until the Tesla logo comes up.

With the last couple software updates (I am on 2018.12 5eadc71) none of these "tricks" work and more often then not I am unable to listen to episodes period. Does anyone else have the same problems, and has anyone found a work around?

In my case it has missing and/or unplayable radio stations. These stations show up and play fine using a WiFi hotspot or the Tunein app, but not via LTE in the Tesla. This began around November 2017 and hasn't gotten better or worse since.