Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn High Bandwith Error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced tunein stations not working due to "high bandwith playback" and "wi-fi needed"? This just started happening after I got back in town and tried to put the NPR hourly news update on. I used this channel daily as long as I've had the car, and this issue just came up

I have, many times, even after getting LTE. For me, it seems to be podcast dependent. And this can change from time to time (even with the same strength signal). My guess is part of the issue is on the Tunein server end, but I keep hoping with every update that Tesla can tweak the app to stop this from happening and just attempt to stream anyway.

Has anyone experienced tunein stations not working due to "high bandwith playback" and "wi-fi needed"? This just started happening after I got back in town and tried to put the NPR hourly news update on. I used this channel daily as long as I've had the car, and this issue just came up

Slight digression, however I've seen a few people mention LTE in their car... how does one upgrade the existing 3G connection to an LTE? Meaning, the minutia, is there a cost associated?
You can just call your service center to schedule the upgrade -- I had it done a year ago when the car went in for the annual check and the upgrade cost was $500 at that time.

Reactions: Lightmatrix
You can just call your service center to schedule the upgrade -- I had it done a year ago when the car went in for the annual check and the upgrade cost was $500 at that time.

I'm sure your the misinformation you provided was not intentional, but just to correct the timeline on this, the LTE upgrades were not available until roughly August, 2015. This thread, which began in early August, discusses the coming LTE upgrades, but I believe no one had received one yet at that time.
LTE upgrade is on the way

TuneIn has never worked properly for very long from the beginning. It's been over three years, and I still try to get it to work everyday. At least with this "high bandwidth" error, I can turn on the WiFi tethering on my phone and it'll work. Sometimes, TuneIn will get itself into a state where nothing would play. It's more frustrating than almost anything else in the car.

I had the highbandwidth error when I just got the car for one particular tune-in station. I had a service appointment for an unrelated issue, I brought it up, when I came back to pick up my car it was fixed. Not sure what they did, but over a year later and never had another high bandwidth problem.