Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jsshafa

Feb 2, 2022
LA
A few random stations in my TuneIn app don't work. Particularly, the only station I listen to hasn't worked in a couple weeks (ESPN LA). The loading symbol just goes round and round. I click on other stations that work, but this one just won't.

Anyone have recommendation apart from waiting weeks for my service appointment?

Reactions: IdaX
My TuneIn struggles very frequently and often just gives up, displaying a "network error" message. Trying a different station or skipping to the next song usually fixes it.
It's also frequently unable to process any voice commands, citing a network error. It usually works if I immediately repeat the command but sometimes I just have to wait a minute or two for it to wise up.
It also warns me randomly that it's doing navigation estimates without traffic data since there's no connection.

There are no issues with cell reception in my region and the car always shows full bars. Has anyone managed to get this fixed?

Occasionally mine gets stuck with the loading wheel...
Sometimes, hitting "back" with the wheel on the steering wheel kicks it to reload and work OK.
Occasionally my solution is to switch to FM (suppose any other input would work) and then switch back.

Minor annoyances tho; rarely has it ever not worked at all.

I just got a 2022 M3 and I have the same problem with TuneIn. (My 2020 M3 picked up ESPN 710 LA but I sold it so not sure if it was still working). Reception is always spotty in Central Ca, but I can Bluetooth TuneIn from my phone and ESPN 710 LA works fine. I am not a fan of the Tesla not having AM radio. I miss Apple Car Play for navigation, text messaging.

Reactions: DBV1
Same problem. 2021 MY. Gradually getting worse. More and more channels seem to be affected as time goes by. I could occasionally reconnect to a "lost" channel by switching to another one then switching back, back that has recently stopped working, too.

ESPN Cleveland also stopped working and some other local AM stations that I used on TuneIn through Tesla UI. Very frustrating. As I keep saying, just give me FM/AM and CarPlay and will be happy. I always hear people say who listens to AM radio/ Well, anyone that likes sports, sports talk or talk radio and many AM stations can transmit far distances.

Then people will say will listen to TuneIn on your phone, then I will say what is the point of having it on Tesla UI. Tesla’s whole media interface is probably the weakest of any car.

On Model S, it has Sirius and it can’t even get stations cover art correctly and identifies it as the wrong station or has no station at all, when there should be one.

A few random stations in my TuneIn app don't work. Particularly, the only station I listen to hasn't worked in a couple weeks (ESPN LA). The loading symbol just goes round and round. I click on other stations that work, but this one just won't.

Anyone have recommendation apart from waiting weeks for my service appointment?
I ahd service come out and they told me it is a licensing issue with Tesla and TuneIn. A bunch of stations have been dropped. Not sure why they can't get this fixed, along with the Hulu issue. Very disappointing.

I'm really frustrated Tesla doesn't offer satellite radio like almost car at this price range. I can barely keep a decent stream for more than 15 minutes at a time, and I live in the 4th largest metro area in the US (which is also home to AT&T). I can stream from my phone with no interruptions, so the issue clearly isn't cell coverage.

Seems like TuneIn has resolved the loading issues, at least for the podcasts I listen to. I've been able to tap once on episodes that would never load before and they start right up. It's been working for the last handful of days or so, and I haven't gotten the new 2022.8.2 version yet either.