Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Login by scanning a QR code??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed Tesla’s software update 2020.24.6.1, with some nice improvements to the TuneIn app, according to release notes. I want to sync my iPhone TuneIn account with my Model 3 so that all the choices available on phone are also available in my car. I accomplish my iPhone login via my Apple ID, which is one of the straightforward choices along with Facebook and Google. In my car, when I select “Login”, I am presented with a QR Code which the app asks me to scan. I have tried scanning with a QR scanner, but I am not being logged in. I have no idea what to do here. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work??

Reactions: EVNation
I just installed Tesla’s software update 2020.24.6.1, with some nice improvements to the TuneIn app, according to release notes. I want to sync my iPhone TuneIn account with my Model 3 so that all the choices available on phone are also available in my car. I accomplish my iPhone login via my Apple ID, which is one of the straightforward choices along with Facebook and Google. In my car, when I select “Login”, I am presented with a QR Code which the app asks me to scan. I have tried scanning with a QR scanner, but I am not being logged in. I have no idea what to do here. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work??

I have an Android device.....

I take a photo of the QR code and then scan the photo with Google Lens.

It then displays a website URL which I then select, this then asks me if I want to activate my Tesla.

I then activate it and it syncs after about a minute...

But don't get to excited as currently, although I have logged in and all is good, at somepoint it automatically logs out and I have to do the same procedure over again... So, it appears that this is broken in this version of the software (2020.24.6.1).

Currently, I have just added my podcasts to the Tesla account for the time being until it is fixed.

• Informative
The new TI UI is a hodge-podge mess, with users' "Favorites" broken up across different categories, but not all Favorites can be found anywhere! They have added categories (radio stations) I don't even want. Even when logged on with my TI premium account, I can't access all my Favorites. They really screwed up with this change.

After today's software update in the Model Y, I tried Tune-in and was prompted to login with the QR code. I did so on my phone and eventually reached a screen in the browser saying "Success. You are now logged into TuneIn in your vehicle." That's false. I'm not logged in in the Tesla. It's still stuck on the QR code, and I'm not loggin in. I went through the entire process two more times, with no change.

Although I can't login to Tunein by scanning the QR code with my Samsung Android phone, I was able to login by scanning the code with my iPad. I hate the iPad for various reasons, including not being able to plug in a wire and copy entire directories of files, but it comes in handy on occasion when something works on IOS that doesn't work on Android.