Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn not recognizing account info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016- Model S: I have a TuneIn Account and have heard that you can use your computer to store "Favorites", like the 2 Tesla Podcasts, in your account and then have these "Favorites" display on the Tesla screen.

When I attempt to enter my TuneIn username and password in the Settings area of TuneIn on the car, my info is not being recognized and I am taken to another screen that asks (again) for my email and password.

I understand from reading previous posts here on the forum that this is a problem that has been reported before, but it looks like it was fixed by Tesla (or TuneIn) in the past.

My SC was clueless about a fix. Any ideas?

Reactions: ldgrmnmc
Same here. I was able to log in successfully once. Then, to update my favorites, I took the advice elsewhere on this forum to log out and log back in again, at which time I was unable to log in. I changed my password and logged in on several other devices (computer, iPhone, iPad), but was still unable to log in with the car.

I can't login to TuneIn either. I emailed TuneIn support and they said it was known problem on Tesla's side and that Tesla would have to fix it. I called Tesla support today and they said no one has notified them of any problems but that they would look into it.

I have made multiple attempts to get this to work over the last couple of months without success. At the end of the day, I am not sure it's necessary anyway.
Mark, it really IS necessary (at least for some of us):

1) There is no in-car "Search" feature for TuneIn such as the one in Slacker. If you want to listen to a favorite Podcast, like the excellent "Ride the Lightning" Tesla podcast, you first need to search for it using your TuneIn on your computer and then save it as a "Favorite" there. When you next use TuneIn in the car, your favorites will then appear. So, if you can't enter your login information for TuneIn in the car, you can never see your favorites. That is a huge issue if you like Podcasts, since the built-in selection listed by the Tesla are VERY limited.

2) A TuneIn premium subscription gives you access to Audiobooks. Very nice.

The issue of the car not accepting your login information is NOT a new problem. Many of us have been told that Tesla is aware of the issue and will fix it in an upcoming firmware upgrade.

This seems to be another issue that is getting a "backseat" to the continuing barrage of upgrades to the almost useless "Summon" feature. I'll summon my own car any day, just give me back my TuneIn

• Informative
I can't login to TuneIn either. I emailed TuneIn support and they said it was known problem on Tesla's side and that Tesla would have to fix it. I called Tesla support today and they said no one has notified them of any problems but that they would look into it.
I got exactly the same response when I called the very helpful tech support people at TuneIn. They say that it is a Tesla problem and that Tesla can easily fix it. Many of us have also called Tesla and reported the issue. For Tesla to tell you that they haven't been notified of the issue with TuneIn not accepting username/password credentials is nothing more than a bold-faced lie. If they don't want to address it, or can not address it, they could just let us know. Sad.

Reactions: Zeleni zub
Mark, it really IS necessary (at least for some of us):

1) There is no in-car "Search" feature for TuneIn such as the one in Slacker. If you want to listen to a favorite Podcast, like the excellent "Ride the Lightning" Tesla podcast, you first need to search for it using your TuneIn on your computer and then save it as a "Favorite" there. When you next use TuneIn in the car, your favorites will then appear. So, if you can't enter your login information for TuneIn in the car, you can never see your favorites. That is a huge issue if you like Podcasts, since the built-in selection listed by the Tesla are VERY limited.

2) A TuneIn premium subscription gives you access to Audiobooks. Very nice.

The issue of the car not accepting your login information is NOT a new problem. Many of us have been told that Tesla is aware of the issue and will fix it in an upcoming firmware upgrade.

This seems to be another issue that is getting a "backseat" to the continuing barrage of upgrades to the almost useless "Summon" feature. I'll summon my own car any day, just give me back my TuneIn

Oh, I see. I didn't think about that part. I have not really tried all the features of TuneIn. I completely agree. Especially now that I have a small glimpse of what I could be doing with it. Thanks for the additional insight.

Mark

Speaking of podcasts it would be nice to be able to reverse the order of play. Currently the TuneIn app plays the latest then consecutively earlier podcasts. I would like to go back to the last podcast played then have the app play them consecutively up to the latest available. To do this now I have to press the back button twice between podcasts to go in the right direction. Many podcasts are temporal in nature so it seems odd that they would have chosen the logic they did.