Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Plays Hi-Res Streaming Music Stations With 2020.24.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With this latest 2020.24.6.1 OTA firmware update one of the release notes says "TuneIn Radio Improvements." However the text does not explain an important improvement to the Tesla TuneIn app for us Tesla owners who are music lovers. The upgraded TuneIn now allows streaming of high bit-rate quality streaming audio music stations. Before this upgrade even if a Tesla was connected to Wi-Fi, a "Loading Error" would display and the high resolution stations would not play.
For example I suggest Tesla owners after they get the new firmware search for and listen to these three excellentt music only, no DJs, non-commercial high resolution audio music stations: "Linn Radio," "Linn Classical" and "Linn Jazz." To search for the stations, press the "Stations" tab at the top and type "Linn" in the search field.
The high-resolution stations play even if the vehicle is connected to 3G or 4G. They do not have to be connected to Wi-Fi.
I have Premium Connectivity with both my Model S P100D and Model 3 Dual Motor. I assume the high resolution audio stations will also play under Standard Connectivity packages as well